1. In Forster NSW on “Little Lucifer -...” at 4/58 Wharf St, Forster 2428:

Jo Edwards commented

Would love to catch up my girlfriends at a gorgeous place like this over a couple champas & beautiful outlook!

2. In Forster NSW on “Little Lucifer -...” at 4/58 Wharf St, Forster 2428:

Forster/Tuncurry and surrounding areas have never seen some-thing like this before..A1 dining and service.. commented

Please do you're self a favour and go and see shannon & Louise's new shop * Little Lucifer *..Taste their to die for food !!..So many different choice's and nothing like you have ever seen before in Forster/Tuncurry..Eat in or out and see the amazing view's of Wallis lake and if you're lucky enough you will spot the occasional Dolphin or 2..Top placce to dine with family and friend's and the shop just look's gorgeous..
    Well done Shannon & Louise all the best and wish you luck...
    P.S. Some how i don't think you need me to wish you luck well done it's awesome..
    A big shout out from lisa Pittman & family...

3. In Forster NSW on “Little Lucifer -...” at 4/58 Wharf St, Forster 2428:

Michael King commented

Quiet wine and an enjoyable meal in pleasant surroundings. Looking forward to it. Plenty of friends to invite along as well.

Anthony Provenza commented

I would just like to add an opinion to this discussion. I was under the belief that a Town planner/ council department was given guidelines and information prepared by numerous official government departments (e.g Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS)) for the approval process of town planning and or permits and permissions.

With this in mind I thought we were all paying to the council to ensure that we were not just legally permitted to build and meeting all requirements but also within the guidelines of Acts such as "Purpose of the Fair Trading Act 1989 (Qld)" where I would imagine recommendations on fair trade would be legally binding.

The point I'm building to here is that I believe there must be a requirement to look into statistics released from the ABS on what is feasible within the general population and if those figures would show a disadvantage to already operating local businesses then the responsibility and duty of care should rest with the appropriate authorities on whether similar business models can enter the area.

With this in mind there has been released figures showing that as an industry standard we know that we can effect serviceability to 16-18% of a population within a 8-12 minute drive of our locations.

Would this not be a factor in the town planning?

Should I give up on my dreams of owning a Health club as an owner operator because a company with more money then me can afford to setup beside me and wait out my eventual collapse?

I know the points I'm raising here are best suited for the office of fair trading but I would just like anyone from council whom may be reading this to know a concerned - born and breed - local business owners opinion.

5. In Forster NSW on “Little Lucifer -...” at 4/58 Wharf St, Forster 2428:

Kate Arp commented

A family run place for a family meal and a quite wine, fabulous!! Looking forward to relaxing in a friendly restaurant instead of a pub or club. Always keen for alternatives to larger venues.

6. In Forster NSW on “Little Lucifer -...” at 4/58 Wharf St, Forster 2428:

Beverly Fitzpatrick commented

As an older single woman I find a venue such this less intimidating than a large pub or club, where I would never go alone.This would be somewhere I could sit and enjoy a quiet meal and drink by myself or with friends.

7. In Forster NSW on “Little Lucifer -...” at 4/58 Wharf St, Forster 2428:

Arnia Whelan commented

This is exactly what this area needs. Looking forward to being able to go somewhere nice to have a good meal and a drink without having to go to the Pubs.

8. In Forster NSW on “Little Lucifer -...” at 4/58 Wharf St, Forster 2428:

James Sanders commented

Just what the area needs, great spot come summer for some food and a few drinks.

9. In Potts Point NSW on “Section 96 (2) to amend...” at 87 Macleay Street Potts Point NSW 2011:

Rebecca Wright commented

Sounds good to me! These are the sorts of places/venues which enhance the area. They offer a good service and make no intrusion on the residential community.

10. In Parrearra QLD on “24 Hour Fitness Centre” at 6 / 26 Nicklin Way, Parrearra, QLD:

P. Drew commented

The basic due diligence of a fitness centre can assume that a certain percentage of the population within a short radius will join a fitness centre whether that be for classes, general training etc.. Suburbs within 10km of the coast have proven to achieve even less than that within the population. Unfortunately persons buying into their first fitness centre are not being completely informed and are jumping into these ventures unaware and panicking soon after when they are struggling to pay their tenancy lease. Gym owners in Metropolitan areas who are now branching into the coastal areas are learning this lesson all too late, that there is even less a percentage of the population joining a fitness centre.

The oversaturation of Fitness Centres is now shown in the US and across Europe where fitness centres are collapsing as fast as they were established. I respectfully respect that Councils considering these new applications take some responsibility in realising this is just not healthy competition and that the Sunshine Coast is now at the point of some collapses.

Oversaturation of fitness centres within an area will not bring cheaper membership prices for the public as the model would only then need to realise an even larger membership base to break even for the clubs. There are families behind these small centres which would more than likely be on the verge of losing their livelihood and more if the current trend continues. These new applications should be viewed with some empathy towards current owners/workers/families.

I would suggest current owners of Fitness Centres in areas such as the one in hand lodge a formal objection through the formal channels to their local council.

11. In Surry Hills NSW on “Fitout, use, signage and...” at 238-240 Elizabeth Street Surry Hills NSW 2010:

Milly Zhao commented

Dear company'
    I am an international student and I come from China. I am a girl and live in Surry Hills, and went I walk pass the shop, although it was not open I want to work in the shop.
    The place I live is about 2 minutes away from the shop, I have been in Aus for about 5 years and I am a master student in UTS. I use to work in the chocolate shop, and supermarket. I only have one subject this sems, and free all the week. I am very friendly to the customers . I work very hard too.
    I want to get this job. and my telephone number is 0402723660. I will be very happy if I can get the job.

12. In Parrearra QLD on “24 Hour Fitness Centre” at 6 / 26 Nicklin Way, Parrearra, QLD:

Lola Turner commented

I am a current owner of a 24/7 facility, and have been for the past 3 years, during which time I have seen the steady decline in trading due to an influx of these facilities flooding the market. There currently exists 4 of these same facilities, offering the same services, within a 5km radius and 2 more are due to be added, with the addition of this facility there would be 7 within that radius. The current population cannot support these facilities and the existing businesses will suffer.

I also employ 6 staff members whose positions would have to be assessed and cut back due to the addition of yet another same type 24/7 facility. I am a supporter of the Mooloolaba Surf Club, and local Primary Schools, also other local sporting junior clubs and swim clubs, I also sponsor the local emergency services and other local charities, and we are a major sponsor of Headspace Youth Mental Health Foundation We also offer rehabilitation services to elderly or disabled persons free of charge and are equipped for persons with disabilities. Sadly all of these things would have to reassessed if more competition was added to the now already overloaded market.

I also strongly disagree to the approval of another centre as the current facilities more than adequately supply the area and appeal to Council consider not supporting this application.

13. In Darlinghurst NSW on “Footway Application for...” at 80 Stanley Street Darlinghurst NSW 2010:

EVELYN KLOPFER commented

I am SO supportive of this little restaurant being given the right to tables outside! It is the only one in Stanley Street which does not have them!

This is also the bus stop and I who live about two blocks away, and have severe emphysema, used to use a little stool to sit on by the bus stop to catch my breath and be able to breathe again after walking.

But it is a wonderful restaurant, and needs these tables, and I hope you give them permission. It is VERY important for the people that want to use it.

These tables are not in the way, they do not affect anybody, and would be of great use to those who eat there and to the restaurant as well, as I say, the only one there without OUTSIDE tables, and that makes them lose business against the others.

14. In Parrearra QLD on “24 Hour Fitness Centre” at 6 / 26 Nicklin Way, Parrearra, QLD:

Roger Westerman commented

To whom it may concern,

I am one of the owners of a 24/7 facility that is approximately 400mtrs from the current application for this site. Furthermore there is another 24/7 facility due to open approximately 200 mtrs from this site in the next month or so. I have been an owner operator for many years and also a consultant to the industry in general. The proliferation of 24/7 facilities is placing ever increasing demands on each facility to remain financially viable. I come from a family of Town Planners and have had the advantage to assess the feasibility of each location. Despite the difference in name the model is essentially the same and quite frankly the corridor of population serviced by the existing clubs cannot sustain yet another club particularly in such close proximity. I realise that Council perhaps views this as progress but ultimately all it will do is put more pressure on each existing facility. We now have another centre opening in Brightwater which we have also been servicing previously.

We are strong supporter of local community businesses and sponsor amongst others the Kawana Surf Club - we also provide free membership to other young sporting representatives. All of which is called into question when every membership is vital given the competition. This is not healthy competition and I strongly object to such an approval for another centre.

15. In Forster NSW on “Little Lucifer -...” at 4/58 Wharf St, Forster 2428:

Kristi Fitzpatrick commented

I look forward to having a quiet drink and a meal in a small and intimate venue in Forster, with out having to go to a pub, or larger restaurant.

16. In Chippendale NSW on “S96(2) Extend trading hours...” at 21-21A Shepherd Street Chippendale NSW 2008:

Mrs Wanda Rudowicz commented

I read with great concern that this bar wishes to open until 2am, 7 days a week. Shepherd St is largely a residential area and this bar is surrounded by residents who would like to go to sleep at night. As it is, it can be quite noisy after 11pm and it concerns me that this noise will continue up until 2am which is totally unfair to residents like me, who have been living in the area for a long time. In buying my house on Shepherd St, I was not expecting to find it difficult to sleep - especially as late as 2am in the morning. Please oppose these extended trading hours in respect for me and the hundreds of other residents in the vicinity. There are plenty of other locations along Broadway where these people can go and drink at night if they so wish. Residents' rights should be protected by council.

17. In Chippendale NSW on “S96(2) Extend trading hours...” at 21-21A Shepherd Street Chippendale NSW 2008:

Jarrod commented

Hello,

As a resident of Shepherd Street and owner of two residential houses there, I strongly object to this proposal. Shepherd Street is currently a quiet residential street (with the exception of pubs on intersections with George Street and Cleveland St).

As it stands, from where I live (in-between 55 and 32 Shepherd St) I can already hear noise from bars up until 10-11pm or so, after which there is usually a flood of patrons leaving the premise and walking directly past my front door (and bedroom). As it stands, I can't get to sleep because of noise until the local bars close.

The problem with the 2am closing time is that the challenge I experience (inability to sleep until bars close and patrons go home) will now be extended until the early hours of the morning. This is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.

I do not mind development on Shepherd St provided that it does not lead to disturbances until such an early hour. A 10 or 11pm closing is fine but a 2am closing is too extreme.

This proposal will destroy the mood of what is currently a beautiful residential street. Please do not allow noise after 10 or 11am on a weekday (and perhaps 12 or 1am on a Saturday).

Kind Regards,

Jarrod.

18. In Pyrmont NSW on “Use of shop 1 as retail...” at 17-21 Pyrmont Bridge Road Pyrmont NSW 2009:

Mrs Margaret Rose STRINGER commented

It is vital that Council consider the content of the "SMH" article behind that link, in the context of my earlier post.

19. In Pyrmont NSW on “Use of shop 1 as retail...” at 17-21 Pyrmont Bridge Road Pyrmont NSW 2009:

Mrs Margaret Rose STRINGER commented

I protest absolutely against the application: if I were not elderly and suffering from severe osteoarthritis of the lower back, I would be out carrying a placard of protest against it.
    I live in this RESIDENTIAL building, amongst many other elderly people, and a bottle shop is the last thing that should be put into a building that houses 45 flats. Has anyone thought what it would do to us to have drinkers wandering about until midnight 6 days a week and 10pm Sundays?! Has anyone thought what it would do to us to have the fitout going on for heaven knows how long in a building wherein sound carries like water through every wall?! SOME OF US HAVE TO STAY WITHIN OUR FLATS ALL DAY!!!
    Even more importantly, there are to my certain knowledge no less then SEVEN other bottle shops within two or three blocks of this building. If you approve this application, you will be indicating your utter contempt for everything that the police and the medical profession have been saying for years - that we need to _reduce_ the number of liquor outlets, not increase it.
    There has to be a limit to the sale of alcohol - surely you can see that? There has to come a point where organisations like Council say "No, enough is enough: there is NO NEED for yet another grog shop in Pyrmont!". By doing that you would not only be behaving responsibly and easing a fraction of the burden on the police and the hospitals, but also treating we residents of this building like human beings who deserve consideration and sympathy.

20. In Balwyn VIC on “Use an existing building as...” at 7 / 346 Belmore Road Balwyn VIC 3103:

Hasan Hassan commented

Hi,

It is great that a new toilet block is being installed in the Balwyn North Shopping Centre. It is much needed, but it has been installed with the loss of one/two carpark bay's. There is now an application to convert an existing carpark into a Yoga Centre! This building was built with the requirement of providing a certain number of carparks for office workers/shop staff and customers. Where will the Council find the carparks to replace the ones that have been lost? Let alone create badly needed carparks in a shopping centre which is impossible to get parking in at certain times of the day. There will be more cars parking along Belmore Rd and neighboring streets which will badly affect local residents.

Hasan

21. In Daisy Hill QLD on “Advertising Device...” at St Edwards Catholic School 104 Chatswood Road Daisy Hill QLD 4127:

mcfstuart commented

This freestanding electronic sign is a hindrance to drivers heading up to Daisy Hill Road of an evening. The reason being that the sign shifts from dark screens to white and bright screens which are too bright and distract drivers.
    The light pollution this sign causes is significant in addition to the driving hazard it represents.

22. In Coogee NSW on “Section 96 (1A) amending...” at 55 Dudley Street Coogee NSW 2034:

Joe commented

The development at 55 Dudley St, Coogee has been an absolute eyesore from the time construction was supposedly wrapping up. The development has been left unfinished for the last year with very few signs of any continued work besides the very recent bricking up of an entrance to the car park from Asher St. The footpath adjacent to the development remains incomplete and a trip hazard to elderly population. The South facade looks like a prison and while the cost of rental units in the Eastern Suburbs remain exorbitant due to the supposed lack of supply, the 13 residential units complete for the last year remain unused. The approval of this exceedingly ugly building and the inability of Randwick Council to force the completion of the project, or at a minimum, the make good of Asher footpath, stands as a symbol of the disregard for South Coogee, council is exhibiting. We look forward to the hasty resolution of the sorry state of affairs at 55 Dudley St.

23. In Launceston TAS on “Alterations to facilities...” at Paterson St East Car Park 1-15 Paterson Street Launceston TAS 7250:

Graeme Tilley commented

Dear Council

On behalf of Inside Cafe (10-14 Paterson Street) I wish to object to the construction of toilets at 1-15 Paterson Street, Launceston.

Inside Cafe and the co-joined business, Inside Home and Gifts and Inside Boutique is owned and operated by A.W. Birchall and Sons Pty Ltd. Our Company has spent in excess of $500 000 redeveloping the derelict ground floor of this building to make it suitable for our businesses and I believe it has considerably lifted the ambiance and desirability of this part of Paterson Street.

The grounds for our objection is that the proposed toilets are directly opposite, facing the external windows of the Cafe in full view of our clients, which I do not believe is desirable for a food premise. Our future expansion plans for the Cafe includes on street dining which would make this proposal even worse.

Although sympathetic to the need for 24 hour toilets in the CBD, we ask that you revise your plans and move the toilets so they are not directly opposite our business.

Graeme Tillley
    Managing Director - Birchalls

24. In Wollongong NSW on “Liquorland - Packaged...” at Tenancy LGW003A Cnr Crown & Keira St, Wollongong 2500:

Anna David commented

The address (cnr Crown & Keira St) does not match the map, nor the photo. Which is correct?

Anna David
    15/23 Market St, Wollongong 2500.

25. In Pyrmont NSW on “Use of part of the Harris...” at 152-156 Harris Street Pyrmont NSW 2009:

M.R. Stringer commented

EIGHT tables is a very larger number to put on the footpath outside this pub: there are already a great many tables and chairs there in the immediate area.
    How does Council propose to ensure that the footpath is sufficiently clear for pedestrians and shopping-trolleys?

26. In Sydney NSW on “Use a portion of the Maddox...” at 274 Mitchell Road Alexandria NSW 2015:

Brett Randall commented

Close to the roundabout - may need bollards installed for pedestrian and diner safety.

27. In Marrickville NSW on “The Henson - Primary...” at 91 Illawarra Rd, Marrickville 2204:

Shane Anthoney commented

I whole heartedly support this application.
    The Henson is a well run, respectable and welcomed asset to the area.

28. In Bateau Bay NSW on “The Entrance Rugby Club...” at Sir Joseph Banks Oval Sir Joseph Banks Ave, Bateau Bay 2261:

gifts for men commented

I think this is a real great article post.Much thanks again. Want more. gifts for men http://www.link898.com/

29. In Hawthorn VIC on “Subdivision of the land...” at 33 Lisson Grove Hawthorn VIC 3122:

Patrick Moore commented

We are happy with this permit and agree to its approval

30. In Ormeau QLD on “Description: CHILD CARE...” at 2 Jacobs Ridge Road Ormeau 4208:

Tony Matheson commented

To whom this may concern

Our property backs onto the lot at 2 Jacobs Ridge Road, Ormeau, QLD.

We would like to officially object to this development going ahead at this location for the following reasons:

1. The Child Care Centre will be located directly opposite a major roundabout on Eggersdorf Road and Jacobs Ridge road. Both roads are extremely busy and present a genuine hazard to young children.

2. The extra traffic created by the Child Care Centre will bottleneck traffic, particularly at peak times and will impact greatly in terms of noise and extra vehicles on the road in what is essentially a suburban area.

3. The Childcare Centre will be an unsightly and ugly addition to the area. We believe the lot is unsuitable for this type of development and should be left in it's current state as a natural buffer.

4. The extra noise that will inevitably be made by occupants of the Child Care Centre and extra vehicles coming and going from the Centre.

5. The lowering of the value of neighbouring properties.

6. Our property backs onto the proposed development and therefore our privacy will be compromised, especially in terms of the use of our back yard.