U Raj commented

I strongly object building the boarding house in Freeman Road. I agree with the points raised by others before me. My main concern at the moment is the possible negative impact that it may cause to my investment property.

2. In St Peters NSW on “Under Section 96 of the...” at 5/11-21 May Street St Peters NSW 2044:

Ringo Ng commented

It's appropriate for this location and I support this application.

It will provide more choice for the neighborhood and help create a better village atmosphere for the area. It will definitely help lift a very dreary street frontage along May St. The hours of operation presents no problems so far so I see no reason not to approve the application.

Thanks for considering my submission.

3. In Newtown NSW on “Proposed demolition of...” at 536A King Street Newtown NSW 2042:

Alex van Vucht commented

I support the number of car spaces outlined in the application. The area is very well served by public transport, active transport and car share and I do not expect owners of many of the 8 1-bedroom apartments will have cars. 30.5% of postcode 2042 dwellings do not have any vehicles as opposed to 10.4% for the rest of NSW.

This is a good design whose size and scale is suitable for the area and I am keen for the eyesore of the petrol station to be removed. The proposed brick colour is kind of ugly but I can appreciate that some would like it.

4. In Rockdale NSW on “Alterations to existing...” at 2 Frederick Street, Rockdale NSW 2216:

Concealed Identity commented

Being a resident of a nearby house, I am not very happy about this new development.
    I don’t think the area is in need of any public place of worship. There are several places of worship already available in the suburb or in the adjacent suburbs.
    I believe the development will create further unnecessary traffic to the area. There is already limited parking space around the station.
    I think the opening hours are completely unreasonable. Why does the place needs to be open so early in the morning to so very late at night? This will create noise when residents of the nearby houses are asleep!
    I also feel that it might lead to more people hanging around the Rockdale station. I already feel unsafe walking home from the station when I finish work late. I believe it will worsen the problem.

5. In Rockdale NSW on “Alterations to existing...” at 2 Frederick Street, Rockdale NSW 2216:

Concealed Identity commented

SUBMISSION FOR Application Number: DA-2013/167
    Property Address: 2 Frederick Street, Rockdale, NSW 2216

I object to this proposed development on the following grounds:
    * Increased noise and vehicle traffic. This section of Rockdale already "severely" lacks parking facilities for local residents.
    * Nearby residential apartments already under construction in Rockdale which will already add to worsening traffic conditions, parking, noise and littering.
    * Places of worship are abundant in the area (for various denominations) including adjacent suburbs, there is no requirement to construct additional places of worship. This particular space would be better utilised to cater for all residents regardless of religion/denomination
    * Operating hours between 5.30 am until 9.30 pm, 7 days a week is completely unwarranted & unreasonable and will impede on the quality of life of nearby residents. It's difficult to fathom why these proposed operating hours are so long. Which nearby resident wants to be disturbed at the early hour of 5.30am up until 9.30pm? whether its vehicles parking, doors slamming, horns tooting, people conversing etc not to mention the added problem of parking throughout the entire operating hours.
    * Motorists may also breach the use of the proposed driveway/carpark area as a shortcut to bypass traffic lights resulting in traffic accidents.
    * Increased traffic and loitering, specifically during religious gatherings etc.

I have chosen to conceal my identity and address. I pass this particular section of Rockdale on a daily basis as part of my work commute and live nearby.

Kind Regards

6. In Newtown NSW on “Proposed demolition of...” at 536A King Street Newtown NSW 2042:

L. Jackson commented

13 residential apartments and 3 ground floor commercial tenancies, but only 10 car spaces? Street parking in the area is already hard to find! Please ensure developers provide at least one car space per apartment.

7. In Redfern NSW on “Temporary street art...” at 12-36 Caroline Street Redfern NSW 2016:

Henare Degan commented

Sounds like a great project - I support this application.

8. In Erskineville NSW on “Section 96(2) modification...” at 61-63 Erskineville Road Erskineville NSW 2043:

Henare Degan commented

Great stuff, I support this application.

More outdoor seating and increased capacity will be great for this small bar. The hours of operation have presented no problems so far so I see no reason not to continue with them.

Thanks for considering my submission.

Seyed Ali Khoshbin commented

My wife and I don't believe the new proposed Boarding house at 18-20 Freeman Rd should be approved for construction, here are a summary of our reasons:

1) Noise
    We have all been students and youngsters and know how inconsiderate we were at that age. Having those many students away from their families will definitely affect the peaceful and quiet environment we all have now, that has been the main reason I am sure, for many residents of this area.

2) Safety of the Area
    We already have a lot of graffiti and break-ins and majority of them happens in School Holidays where the kids are bored and have nothing better to do. Having these many students around, fond of drinking and find it fun and cool to do these stuff will for sure bring lots of trouble to this neighborhood.

3) Too Many Boarding Houses in Chatswood
    Apparently there will be another 12 storey Boarding house, just in Albert St. Having only 2 schools and no Unis in Chatswood, what is the necessity in building these many Boarding Houses in this area which will change the atmosphere of the whole suburb. If there's a need for more of these accommodations, why not make it in Macquarie or another area with already student environment.

4) Parking Space
    Living in Chatswood and Freeman Rd/Eddy Rd for over 4 years now, off street parking is such a big issue here already. Adding such a big Boarding house, will only make this worse.

5) Value of properties in the area
    We don't find it fair to any of the residents, who made their choices at the time to move to this quite street(s), to impose such big change which will affect the value of our properties and leaving us with not many options. Property values are already tough in Australia, so please don't make it harder on us for paying off the mortgage and ending with a lower priced property.
    In fact if this plan is going ahead with Council, we should all consider relocating from this lovely area.

Overall, we find it a very bad decision to build such Boarding House in our vicinity and a dead end and quiet Street like this. We really hope Willoughby Council reconsiders this decision.

Ali

10. In Melbourne VIC on “Transfer of Licence” at 213 Franklin Street, Melbourne 3000, VIC:

Roger Hersey commented

Dear Reader

We are residents of the Wills St apartments. This area is exclusively residential and is appropriately quiet. The one exception is Nomads Backpackers in Abeckett St where kids are over-served with alcohol and then spill out into the street. There are two nearby grocery stores that sell alcohol.
    We are certain that additional liquor licences will only degrade the environment of this area increasing the existing presence of noisy and unpredictable drunks on the street.
    We therefore oppose this licence at 213 Franklin St.

Sincerely

Roger Hersey

11. In St Leonards NSW on “Addition of 33 units to top...” at 545 Pacific Hwy St Leonards, NSW:

Tony Gribben commented

I agree with Ian. I hope that North Sydney Council will start the 14 day review period after the holiday season - i.e. after Australia Day - to give all interested parties a fair chance to review this proposal.

12. In Bondi Beach NSW on “Lox Stock & Barrel -...” at 140 Glenayr Ave, Bondi Beach 2026:

Shane Birges commented

There were issues at this premises with alcohol on many occasions previously and it would make things worse in my opinion if license was granted. Having lived in the same building as a tenant previously, there were many issues with the use of the backyard where alcohol was consumed and giving permission to have on-premises license would mean that alcohol would be available at all times that the restaurant would be open and I bet that the opening hours of the restaurant would be extended once the alcohol license is granted. This is not good news story for the residence in the area.

Nearly every venue in Bondi has alcohol license and more are seeking approvals every day, very few being rejected, if anyone of the authorities are serious about cutting down the overwhelming alcohol related problems in the area there MUST NOT be any more licenses issued. Speakeasy Wine Bar on the other side of the building already has people drinking alcohol sitting on the public bench and standing and smoking at the entrance of the building on Curlewis Street side, bottles and glass left all over the place. The same scenario will take place at 140 Glenayre Ave.

It would be in the interest of NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing to visit the premises and the backyard where patrons used to sit in front of hygienic toilets and consumed food and alcohol where the nice aroma flows from the garbage bins that came to serve these patrons. The noise was another one of the issues that neighbours had to put up with and all this will be made permanent once the license is issued. Forget about putting conditions with the license they are not worth the paper they are written on. There have been examples of non-compliance of conditions.

I wonder how many people next door and the surrounding areas are aware of this happening.

13. In Bondi Beach NSW on “Lox Stock & Barrel -...” at 140 Glenayr Ave, Bondi Beach 2026:

Shane Birges commented

14. In Marrickville NSW on “Royal Exchange Hotel -...” at Marrickville & Garners Rds, Marrickville 2204:

David commented

As far as I can see, the recent pub renovation has been undertaken for the purposes of gambling. I do not see a food area and therefore see no reason why this application should be allowed to proceed. Is it in a child's interest to be there?

15. In St Leonards NSW on “Addition of 33 units to top...” at 545 Pacific Hwy St Leonards, NSW:

Ian Brennan commented

This application was submitted on the 21st December, giving no on-line details of how 33 more apartments are to be squeezed into the existing development.

Given this is the holiday season, a normal 14-day period, the timing of this submission is likely to reduce the ability for the neighbourhood and the council to perform an informed review.

I recommend that this submission be circulated for wider consideration given the timing.

16. In Wulguru QLD on “Iluka Stage 1 - Operational...” at 0 Lexington Drive Wulguru QLD 4811:

Murray Hopkins commented

Hi,

Recently a house was built next to us (at 6 Lexington Drive) and hard Landscaping of a metre wide spoon drain was put in down the length of this block on the adjoining fence line in a design that forces the water to exit across our block, this was completed late Dec 2012 and is eroding our land. The nature strip in front of 6 Lexington and partially across the front our property has also been raised approx 600mm to facilitate the water to run across our nature strip.

I would like to put forward my concerns for drainage on these blocks at Iluka Stage 1 - Operational Works Associated with RC12/0029 and have someone from the Council explain what must be submitted and approved in this regard and what recourse we have should the drainage from this development erode our property.
    I Live at 4 Lexington Drive Wulguru and these blocks if approved will be directly behind mine up the Hill.

regards

Murray Hopkins

17. In Malvern VIC on “Part demolition and...” at 164 - 178 Glenferrie Rd & 2 - 6 Winter St & 3 - 9 Edsall St, Malvern, VIC:

Rixx O commented

It is incumbent on Council to reconfigure the parking arrangements of the adjoining car park.

It is essential that angle-parking is installed so as to allow free-flow one-way traffic movement.

It will prevent endless collisions when drivers reverse, unaware of passing traffic.

It will , without any doubt, add at least another row of car spaces ( 20 to 24 additional bays) .

Rixx O
    rixx001@gmail.com

18. In Bushland Beach QLD on “Multiple Dwelling (2X3...” at 15 Deedes Crescent Bushland Beach QLD 4818:

Paul Jacob commented

This property does not have a two street access,as does the application in nearby Elk st. A power box GMS Deedes No1, is located at the left front of the lot. The lot is currently for sale. The access on the left side of the property is a public walkway, the only walkway for that particular Sunland estate to the Mt Low Parkway.
    The lot is just over 730 sq meters in total. I cannot see how this application can be considered for approval.

19. In Chatswood NSW on “Demolition of existing...” at 18 Freeman Road, Chatswood NSW 2067.:

Y. Pudjiastono commented

I am an owner and a resident of a unit in 14 Freeman Rd. I would like to raise my objection with the development of the 6 storage boarding house at 18 Freeman Rd., due to the following:

1) Safety and security concerns for the residents and neighbouring school children:

There is a park around the corner where many Chatswood high school students like to gather. I saw when I passed by that they consumed alcohol sometime. Having a large boarding house near the park will induce the current students gathering with more alcohol influence. High turn over and the likely lifestyle habits of the typical demograpic that would reside in boading house will expose the current students gathering to the unsavoury characters and behaviours.

This would negatively impact the safety and security of us, the residents that live in the surrounding areas. In particular, for us that walk to and from Chatswood station and regularly have to walk home from the station in the evening. At the moment, I feel safe to walk to/ from home to the station, but I don’t think I will feel safe having to pass the streets around a gathering of people consuming alcohol.

The street also have a lot of children using the short cut from Eddy road to get to Chatswood public school. A decrease in security/ safety will create unnecessary risk for the children, the parents might end up have to walk with their kids or to drive them to the school everyday.

2) Decrease in property value and rental income of the surrounding areas from the negative wide spread perceptions of having a large boarding house located at the neighbouring property. In this case it would be a large boarding house that can accommodate up to almost 100 people.

3) Noise: a large boarding house will potentially have a large young populations that live together. This will significantly increase the noise level of our quite and peaceful neighbourhood and street.

4) Worse graffiti problem: larger gathering of young populations that mix with alcohol will exacerbate the graffiti problem that we have in our area. We regularly have gravities, specially around the small park where the students currently gather.

5) Parking issue: At the moment the street parking has been stretched to the limit. It is very hard to look for a street parking along Freeman Rd. Building a large boarding house that potentially can have up to almost 100 tenants (and therefore a large number of vehicles) will significantly increase the parking problems that we have.

6) The approval of the propose boarding house (in addition to the 400 rooms boarding house in Alber St) would set a dangerous precedents to change the overall character of the surrounding Chatswood area. This will reduce the overall value of the surrounding units in the street.

20. In Chatswood NSW on “Demolition of existing...” at 18 Freeman Road, Chatswood NSW 2067.:

Lilly commented

I am the owner of a unit in 14-16 Freeman Road Chatswood and I am extremely against this application to the extent of which I am very annoyed due to the following reasons-

1.) Pranks/littering-

As my unit is among the lower levels of the apartment, my balcony is exposed to the general public located above the entrance to the carpark. As such, it is extremely vulnerable to people throwing rubbish etc. inside and that kind of behavior is appealing to high school/University students.

2.) Noise Pollution-

As my apartment is very close to the applicated position of the boarding house, it is subject to massive amounts of noise pollution at night. I want to have a peaceful night's rest after a tiring day of work and I'm sure that this is true for everyone in the vicinity.

3.) Bad Influence-

The students attending the boarding house may mostly be good fellows, but there is bound to be a few that like to "fool" around. As a parent, I wish for my child to grow up in a peaceful and gentle environment and I do not want him to mimic what the boarders do. I am sure that every loving parent would agree with me.

4.) Increased Parking problems-

As of right now, the people who I invite to my unit are already in strife of valid parking positions and sometimes have to park at the carpark next to the train station. Should this application be approved, i fear that the situation with visitor parking may worsen many times over.

5.) Property and Rent Cost will drastically drop-

I purchased this unit for a lot of money and I feel outraged at the application because should it be approved, the amount that my unit is worth will certainly drop. I do not feel that it is fair to me or anyone in Freeman, Oliver and Eddy Road that we should lose money for the sake of some students that will only ever cause us trouble.

21. In Chatswood NSW on “Demolition of existing...” at 18 Freeman Road, Chatswood NSW 2067.:

Mandar commented

I am resident of 16 freeman road. It's a very peaceful lane and is a very comfortable dwelling for families and children. It is a close ended street and the proposed boarding house is right at the end of the street. Right next to the street is he playground for chatswood high school. There are several children who use the path from eddy road near 16 freeman road to get to chatswood public school.

Boarding houses should not be created in this cul-de-sac that too right in the end of the lane. This will cause disruption in the entire lane. Young population induce a high probability of alcohol related unruly behavior. The street is full of children using the short cut from eddy road to get to chatswood public school. It will create unnecessary risk for the families and children, resulting in stress for parents of young kids.

There is very limited parking on the street due to the nature of street and the number of cross roads. These parking resources will also become very scarce and will cause potential conflicts between residents and students.

Given that there is already a boarding house coming up in albert avenue, there should not be another one created here.

22. In Chatswood NSW on “Demolition of existing...” at 18 Freeman Road, Chatswood NSW 2067.:

Fang Hu commented

I am a resident of 16 Freeman Road. I am strongly against this application. I hope the applicant can answer the below questions:

Why does the applicant plan to build this boarding house in our quiet residential area? IMO, it is so wired. Not only to people who live here, but also to students who may move in.

How much does the applicant care about our community? Have they evaluated the impacts to our community? Or, have they done any survey to the people who live here?

Why does the applicant think we may need another small boarding house after we have already got 12-level big boarding house nearby train station?

How can this building project benefit Chatswood residents, in particular the residents who live on Freeman and Eddy road?

We know all people who live in our current neighborhood cherish our peaceful community and environment. Any reason makes the applicant believe students (in particular international students) will care about our community as us?

For building a boarding house in residential area, my biggest concern is who are going to manage students' behavior outside of house? We know that normally boarding house rules only focuses on managing students' in-house behavior.

Who are going to take the liability to resolve the conflicts between residents and students in future? I believe there will be many conflicts coming later if this application is approved.

23. In Darlinghurst NSW on “Section 82A Review to use...” at 122-124 Flinders Street Darlinghurst NSW 2010:

Ivan van Tonder commented

I recently saw a development proposal for The Local Taphouse at 122-124 Flinders street Darlinghurst. This request seems to be to extend the trading hours of the roof top terrace to midnight from Monday to Saturday.

I own and live in a unit in the building directly opposite, 99 -115 Flinders St. My living room window is that the same level as the rooftop bar and my upstairs balcony and bedrooms are one level higher.

I strongly oppose the request to extend the rooftop bar operating hours. When this bar was proposed we were advised that noise levels would be kept to reasonable levels and that we should not even notice the operation of the rooftop bar. However living directly opposite the bar this is not the case at all and the noise levels from the rooftop bar are certainly noticeable and at times very disruptive, this is mainly when there are patrons of the bar yelling and screaming both from the street (smoking or waiting for taxis) over and above the music from the bar.

We were advised that the extension into the rooftop bar would result in less street level noise from patrons as they would most likely remain in the rooftop bar when smoking. This has certainly not been the case. There have been many incidents when there has been loud yelling, screaming, laughing and even violent fights at street level. The staff do not seem to be making many attempts to keep the noise down and keep the patrons inside.

The opening of the Taphouse has increased the levels of noise to the area. The rooftop bar has increased this noise level further as it has brought it up to the same level as the living area and also affects the balcony and bedrooms. With the current reasonable closing time of the roof top bar, the impact to living across the street has been mainly acceptable apart from some weekends. But I have no doubt that if the opening hours were to increase this would result in more noise and therefore complaints from those living in the surrounding area. Therefore with this in mind I would request that you refuse this application.

24. In Chatswood NSW on “Demolition of existing...” at 18 Freeman Road, Chatswood NSW 2067.:

Kelson Ren commented

I do not think boarding house application in 18 Freeman Road should be approved because the below reasons.

1. My personal story: I have lived in Chatswood and been in the State electorate of Willoughby for two years. I like Chatswood and always call here my home since moving here. And, recently I made one of biggest decision in my life - bought my first home in 14-16 Freemand road. The key reason that urges me to settle in there is because my wife and I plan to have our first child in 2013, and we think Freeman Road is a peace and quite place for us to have our new born baby and raise him/her there in following years. However, I just heard the news from my friends that there is an application to build boarding house in 18 Freeman Road. Honestly, after heard about this, both my wife and I have been hard to fall into a sleep for a couple of nights. Because both of us studied in USYD and had visited our friends who lived in boarding house before. We have seen how it looks like. Music in night, parties in weekends, alcohol drinking and alcohol-related unruly behaviour… all of them waked us up in night. I don't want our babies loses peaceful and quite night in their childhood, so if this application is approved we may have to consider selling the new bought property and have a re-purchase in next year. It will really be a big strike for our family. I know all residences lived in Freeman, Oliver and Eddy road may have the different situations, but I quite believe that someone may share the stories as similar as my wife and me.

2. Drinking problem: In our uni experience, we have seen some students (even in campus) tried finding a hidden place to drink alcohol in night, so it really worries us that sports ground of Chatswood high school and the small garden of Oliver Road will become a secret alcohol-drinking place for students. If really happens, it will give a big negative impact to peaceful life of more families who live in this area.

3. Property value: I feel that it is also unfair for our residences lived in Freeman road to get potential loss of property from this building project, which has given a quite big impacts already. From realestate.com.au, we have seen more than five properties of 14-16 Freeman road have been sold since Oct. And, we believe that it will have more similar sells coming if this application is approved.

4. Parking problem: in the last two years when I lived in Chatswood, I often have a problem to find a visitor parking place when visiting my friend who live in 5 Freeman road. Having a boarding house at the end of Freeman road will make the current extreme shortage of parking in that area even worse.

5. Noise: That planned boarding house is so close to our building that noise will give us a big problem in their construction period, and we even think it may not only impact our neighbour residences, but also studies of Chatswood High School.

6. From student perspective: for those students studying in university, no matter in Macquarie Uni, USYD or UTS, they have got 400 accommodations next to Chatswood station. I can't see a obvious reason that they may need another 50 rooms in another place - 10 mins walking to Chatswood station. It is not convenient for them.

In general, I can't see a benefit to Chatswood residence from building this boarding house in Freeman Road, but we believe that it will give big negative impacts (such as noise levels, parking problem, unruly behaviour, potential loss of our property value…) to a large number of residences lived in Oliver, Freeman and Eddy road. So, it's why I think this application should not be approved.

25. In Bondi Beach NSW on “Hurricane's Grill & Bar -...” at Shop 1 126-130 Roscoe St, Bondi Beach 2026:

Jan & Peter Kirk commented

Thank you for the opportunity to consider the application for HURRICANES TAKEAWAY.
    We oppose this development as follows-
    1.There are several liquor outlets in the area- such as the
    hotel around the corner.
    2.The site of Hurricanes new site is extremely busy- traffic wise-
    no parking.
    3.We assume the existing liquor licence you refer to is Hurricanes main
    Restaurant. Therefore a licence extension to cater for liquor sales is the
    subject of this application.
    4. Has this construction work been completed?
    5. Has the council requested a D.A. as it appears that alterations have
    already been completed.
    6. It should be noted that it is not our wish to stifle the takeaway business
    but to suggest common sense in the matter.
    Not a good time of the year to send emails of this nature but Merry Xmas
    & Safe New year to you all.
    Jan & Peter Kirk of Bondi Breakers Building (next door)

26. In Northmead NSW on “Construction & Operation of...” at 1 C Redbank Road Northmead NSW 2152:

Piers Wren commented

I believe this development will create traffic flow problems on a corner that already flows poorly and attracts many children due to the toddler playground immediately across the road.

Currently, cars heading towards Briens Rd from Glenn Ave along Redbank Rd need to cross onto the wrong side of the road at this point (intersection of Redbank/Park Rd) due to two white vans that are semi-permanently parked (perfectly legally) just outside the no-stopping zone here. The slight rise of the road as it turns a bend; combined with the Park Rd intersection makes this point in the road dangerous at most times.

During weekends and after school hours, traffic here is worse again because it is a popular parking area for people playing sport or families playing in Redbank park - which is a very popular park on nice days. During these periods, Redbank Rd and Park Rd are often reduced to single-lane by parked cars between approximately 50 Redbank Rd, around the corner and up to approximately 7 Park Rd.

Please consider the flow of traffic and increased parking requirements of this business. I would certainly appreciate it if a no parking / no standing zone could be implemented for a few houses either side of the intersection on both side of the road to keep the area clear and reduce the risk of tradies trucks blocking visibility whiled parked and visit the business.

27. In Bellingen NSW on “Subdivision (7 lots)” at 285 Hydes Creek Rd Bellingen NSW 2:

Pia Dollmann commented

This posting is happening after the fact and therefor useless. The 15 submissions that were received by Council against the scale of the development were not taken into account.

28. In Hawthorn VIC on “Construction of thirty-two...” at 414 Auburn Road Hawthorn VIC 3122:

Christina Mowle and Paul Dillon commented

We urge the council to enforce their own standards for visitor parking in regard to the proposed development. A reduction in visitor parking that forces extra cars into surrounding streets will make the Rosslyn Street/Auburn Road corner even more dangerous than it is currently. It is already complicated by the adjacent road island, the cobblestones and necking, traffic coming up the hill past the university, a steady stream of traffic and two bus stops.
    Dwelling numbers at the proposed development should be reduced to allow space for all parking on site - with the added benefit of reducing the degree of reckless over-development represented by the current proposal for 32 dwellings.

29. In Hawthorn VIC on “Construction of thirty-two...” at 414 Auburn Road Hawthorn VIC 3122:

Sara commented

I object strongly to the reduction in visitor parking visitor bikes and as this affects all the surrounding streets. The developers should have to meet the regulations which are there for a reason and not take short cuts. These buildings will have an impact on the environment for a long time and should be the best they can be.

30. In Mt Cotton QLD on “Dwelling” at 16 Sunrise Street, Mount Cotton, QLD:

Carl Porritt commented

PD229986
    Please take into account the storm water flow onto adjacent properties with any land shape alteration.