1. In Sheidow Park SA on “Land Division Residential...” at 1002 Edward Beck Dr Sheidow Park:

Philip Burrows commented

Hello,

We only found out about this by seeing stakes in the ground next to our property on the end of Currie Crt and then we found a note from the contractor DML.

I think this is shocking communication, especially when these new properties are likely to over look our land. How many houses is contemplated, why have they marked out the slope that leads down to our property, etc.

I tried to stop the council putting bollards on our property a couple of years ago but they just didn't listen and went ahead.

2. In Bondi Beach NSW on “Wowcow - On-premises...” at Shop 2 16 Hall St, Bondi Beach 2026:

Lenore Kulakauskas commented

Dear Madam/Sir,

On behalf of the Bondi Beach community I strongly object to this application. This is a shop selling ice-cream, a service that hardly warrants the selling of alcohol. Bondi Beach has been inundated with liquor licences over the past few years and the community is concerned, in light of the problems experienced at Kings Cross, that as we appear to have reached saturation point, any further liquor licences, particularly for an establishment that does not serve meals would be detrimental to the well-being of the community and the visitor attendances to this very popular beach.

Of equal concern is the fact that this venue is located in a street that consists of mainly residential apartments, mostly strata'd.

There are no conditions of consent as far as I am aware that would assist in lessening the adverse impact this establishment would have on the neighbourhood if a liquor licence was granted.

Kind regards,
    Lenore Kulakauskas
    Convenor Bondi Beach Precinct
    BBP Alcohol Rep Waverley Council Liquor Working Group
    0407 170 680

3. In Launceston TAS on “Business and Professional...” at 21 Brisbane Street Launceston TAS 7250:

George Smilovich commented

The signs on the outside of the building are already up so much for the process! I bet nobody makes them take them down either!

Juni Bence commented

Put simply I love Bar One Fourteen, I am a resident of Kingston and look forward to coming along every weekend to see the bands.

Julie, Lou, Daniel & the bar staff are to be commended on the running of their business. The improvements are enormous compared to the previous owners and deserve to have the license application approved.

Please don't disappoint all the patrons.

Juni Bence

5. In Perth WA on “Proposed Change of Use from...” at 423-425 William Street, Perth, WA, 6000:

Lee Ashton commented

As we are already experiencing problems with a Backpackers residence on Brisbane Street, it is felt that approving another one at the other end of our residence will only add to this problem.
    Although we appreciate and love the diverse mix of the area, it is felt that approving this application will lead to the frustration of residents who want to enjoy the overall peaceful residential aspect of it.

6. In Perth WA on “Proposed Change of Use from...” at 423-425 William Street, Perth, WA, 6000:

Erica & Jeff Jago commented

Apologies for missing the comment period, however we would like to raise concerns of a backpackers lodging house being approved for this site. We already have an issue with the backpacker noise from around the corner in Brisbane Street and also feel that the vicinity of the nightclub will be problematic with increased potential for alcohol fuelled people milling around the street late at night.

Regards

Lynn and David Peters commented

Recently we attended OneFourteen in Mentone. I have a disability and use a wheel chair which can make it very difficult at some venues. We went to watch live music performed by Mae Parker and The King Beats as we've followed them for sometime now. We knew nothing about the venue prior to attending. We decided to go as a group of four and arranged to have dinner on the ground floor. We'd made several phone calls about access to the building, whether they would accommodate my special needs, the dress code and had found ALL staff that we spoke to extremely friendly and helpful. As we were coming from Yarragon we needed to be sure about entry and suitabilty as it's such a long way ( an hour and a half to two hours drive ). We looked up online the menu and looked at the positive remarks. The four of us were made very welcome and enjoyed delicious meals at a very reasonable price with larger servings than we'd expected, which was a bonus.
    The service from all staff was of a very high standard. The venue was spotless and very inviting. The crowd that attended were extremely well mannered and behaved. There was no-one out on the street and certainly a low level of noise when people left the venue. We noticed that the venue was frequented by a vast age group and that everyone was there to have a good time. The dance floor was packed all night with people mingling and dancing the night away.
    We believe it would be of great advantage to allow the well behaved patrons to have a drink in the outside area. This would also be a great place for people to eat as well and open up the area to make it more accessable to people who have difficulty with stairs for dining.
    The security staff were very polite and made their presence felt in a quiet mannered way, which helps make people feel secure and safe.
    We have no hesitation in recommending that this venue gets their permit approved. They certainly deserve it as the management work hard to provide a great venue for people to attend and have a good time. Great food. Great service. Great entertainment. Great, clean and bright venue. They're on the right track and deserve a fair go.
    Thank you.

8. In Kew East VIC on “Construction of five (5)...” at 187 Kilby Road Kew East VIC 3102:

P. Atkins commented

A high density proposal such as this is not in keeping with neighbourhood character. Kilby Road is a local not main road and the approval of this project would create a precedent for changing the character of the local residential area. Although there is surrounding parkland much of this is inaccessible to local residents at peak times of weekends and evenings due to the domination of formal organised club based sport. High density development would therefore also put pressure on local infrastructure including access to local space, water run off and canopy tree cover.

9. In Richmond VIC on “Demolition of existing...” at 8 Portland St Richmond VIC 3121:

Hamish commented

Is this a new application or an amendment to the exitsing one?

10. In Mount Hutton NSW on “Subdivision 1 into 2 lots &...” at 30 Cowmeadow Road, Mount Hutton NSW 2290:

Robyn Lockwood commented

I am not in agreement for the application to be approved for the number of residences. This is a quiet rural area and to consider constructing the number and height of residences will destroy the peace and privacy of the residents whose properties these new dwelling will back onto. Drainage is an issue for No. 4 Cowmeadow Road and the road surface of Cowmeadow Road needs to be considered for the number of vehicles that would enter and leave this property as vision is restricted of vehicles driving up or down Cowmeadow Road past No. 30 Cowmeadow Road. It can be difficult now when there are vehicles parked in the street and additional vehicles will add to potential accidents.

It is disappointing that development now seems to focus on how many residences can be squashed onto one site. Overcrowding of properties and residents brings with it social issues relating to noise of traffic daily living.

11. In Glen Iris VIC on “Construct three (3)...” at 27 Lomond Street Glen Iris VIC 3146:

F. Snape commented

The traffic for this area is already dreadful. I strongly suggest the Council visit the area at 8.40 and 3.15 to see how adding 3 dwellings to an already congested No through road will affect the safety of children and local families.

12. In Mentone VIC on “To Amend The Ground Floor...” at 114 Nepean Highway, Mentone, VIC:

Chris Steele commented

Oh dear. An obvious case of astroturfing (If you're not sure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing) going on here. Kingston Council isn't stupid.

Frankly I don't care either way - approve it please, but the comments are CLEARLY seeded by the management of the bar. Pathetic really.

13. In Parramatta NSW on “1 x tree removal or pruning” at 31 Crimea Street Parramatta NSW 2150:

June M Bullivant OAM commented

Tree Removal in Parramatta has been unbelieveable, there have been so many in 12 months the city will be bare.

14. In Mentone VIC on “To Amend The Ground Floor...” at 114 Nepean Highway, Mentone, VIC:

Concerned commented

I personally do not attend this venue any more having witnessed an act if violence by a bar staff to a patron. The response I received from management was that he supported the violence. It is my understanding that the staff member is still employed there.

15. In Wantirna VIC on “Construction of a single...” at 93 Raheen Avenue, Wantirna VIC 3152:

Merrilyn Whitecross commented

Turning the leafy green City of Knox into future slums is wrong.
    If people want to live cheek by jowel, let them live in the city.
    Stall all approvals until the current proposed amendments are implemented.

16. In Cameron Park NSW on “IGA Cameron Park - Packaged...” at 97 Northlakes Dr, Cameron Park 2285:

A Hodges commented

Cameron Park is an estate growing day by day with families. Just down the road is a pub & 2 bottle shops. A liquor shop in the estate is just going to cause problems.
    There are so many parks around for kids to enjoy & play in & having a bottle shop near them will encourage underage drinking & will make it unsafe for kids to play with a higher chance of broken beer bottles etc.

17. In Cameron Park NSW on “IGA Cameron Park - Packaged...” at 97 Northlakes Dr, Cameron Park 2285:

Rebecca Jeffery commented

I oppose the request of the liquor licence to be present in this IGA.

The shop will be located within a residential area, full of families who already have sufficient access to alcohol with 2 bottle shops, a pub and a bowling club at Edgeworth. There is also liquor retailers at Glendale, Cardiff, and Wallsend.

I oppose the IGA liquor licence as I do not want behaviour associated with alcohol in the streets around my family home. We have a walking path right beside our house which will be on a direct route to the store and we already deal with graffiti and alcoholic beverage rubbish being left behind. I feel this will only increase with the access of more alcohol in such close proximity.

Please listen to my concerns, this liquor licence should not be approved

Rebecca Jeffery

18. In Mentone VIC on “To Amend The Ground Floor...” at 114 Nepean Highway, Mentone, VIC:

Aly Jakz commented

We travel across town from the western suburbs on a regular basis to this venue.
    Why ? because there is very little in the way of live music venues on my side of town, however there are plenty of Pokie venues !
    114 is a great venue, professionally run, with a great selection of live music.
    Friendly professional staff, lovely good value meals, where you can socialise with friends and feel safe and comfortable.

19. In Mentone VIC on “To Amend The Ground Floor...” at 114 Nepean Highway, Mentone, VIC:

Soozie Pinder commented

This venue is a credit to the owners. Extensive renovations have created a stylish venue for mature adults to enjoy a night out wine and dine in safety, and enjoy some local live music. We need many more venues such as this where we can enjoy a night out.I hope the City of Kingston are wise enough to value this vital contribution to the local economy. I travel from the Eastern suburbs to frequent this venue; a rare place a woman can go on her own and know she will be safe.

20. In St Peters NSW on “To demolish the existing...” at 68 Silver Street St Peters NSW 2044:

Jennifer commented

These houses are part of our heritage. We will all be poorer if the owner is allowed to demolish them.

21. In Mentone VIC on “To Amend The Ground Floor...” at 114 Nepean Highway, Mentone, VIC:

Steve Morris commented

As a residence of Gnotuk Avenue I am very familiar with childish behaviour and excessive noise and after hours hooning that the city of Kingston has to try and control, One Fourteen is a different story this NOW this would have to be one of the most professionally run and operated by the book venues I have seen in action. The outside red lined area provides a space were mature minded adults can sit down have a meal, then later in the evening sit back and relax with friends while having a drink and a smoke at the same like isn't this the Australian way . In a world that has gone mental with rules and regulations thr must be some things left and this is one I believe must never change... As your aware our beautiful bay after hours isn't really all that safe now and like we need outlets in our are to be able to unwind

22. In Mentone VIC on “To Amend The Ground Floor...” at 114 Nepean Highway, Mentone, VIC:

Kristen Davies commented

I wish to add my support for the owners, management and venue that is OneFourteen regarding their Planning application for an extended area in which to serve alcohol.

I was introduced to this venue by my Bayside dwelling friends and via Southern FM radio promotions. I live in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne and actually travel across town to visit this quality venue. It is professionally run, caters for the more mature age patron and as a woman I feel comfortable and safe visiting this venue. The management and security staff attempt to minimise the noise impact on the surrounding residential area by quickly dispersing patrons homeward once the venue has closed of an evening.

As many of Melbourne's live music venues are under threat from both increased population density through property development and the installation of the dreaded pokie machine, I was thrilled to find this venue that supports the local music industry.

I hope the City of Kingston will recognise OneFourteen's economic and cultural contribution to the Mentone area by approving the Planning application.

23. In Mentone VIC on “To Amend The Ground Floor...” at 114 Nepean Highway, Mentone, VIC:

Michele O'hanlon commented

I am a regular patron of 114 and as a single woman,enjoy the atmosphere, the security and the professionalism this venue has to offer.

Since it's conversion with the new owners, it has become a safe haven for us mature, music loving folk who enjoy to catch up with friends, share some chat and a dance or three!
    There has never been any violence since I've been going, and i am particularly secure in the knowledge that as I vacate the premises that the staff and security have my best interests at heart,offering often to escort me to my car if I am on my own. I now reside in Seaford and am happy to travel to Mentone weekly to see live music.

I also like the decor and the fact that there is a designated area for those who wish to smoke outside and also that the venue has been overly courteous to the neighbors in ensuring tight closing times to eliminate noise. It is clean, vibrant the food is fantastic.

I have made some great friends by going here and would hate to see any change to its format. It has supported local musicians, staff and patrons alike, and definately adds value to the Kingston area when it is open.

Please consider all these facts when making decisions about a venue like 114, and not listen to a disgruntled minority who have a grudge to bear.
    If you are not sure, why not visit for yourself as I'm sure you too will experience the magic that is 114.

24. In Collingwood VIC on “Use of part of the land for...” at 35 Johnston St Collingwood VIC 3066:

Chris Goodman commented

Is this for circus OZ
    What is to be demolished?

25. In Mentone VIC on “To Amend The Ground Floor...” at 114 Nepean Highway, Mentone, VIC:

Ann and James Rodis commented

My husband and I are middle aged residents in the City of Kingston. We work hard and so look forward to social outings where we can relax and have fun. Sadly, there are not many venues where we feel comfortable and safe. We discovered 114 about a year ago and we are now regular patrons. 114 provides that atmosphere where we can simply relax and have good clean fun with other people of our age and maturity. 114 provides an entire package. If we choose we can enjoy a fabulous meal, a variety of music and dancing applicable to our age group, a few drinks and conversation with friends. I have many single friends (many female) that go there too because they feel safe. Even as a couple, it is important for us to feel safe. 114 is a very friendly, peaceful environment as everyone is there for the same reason. The age group of the patrons tends to attract people of maturity and respect.
    I believe 114 is a huge assett to the City of Kingston and its rate payers. I can't think of any negatives. No food or drink is allowed out of the premesis and I have never seen litter inside or out. The owners are quite conscientious about abiding by rules and regulations and respectful of safety, cleanliness and neighbours.
    I have had situations where I have chosen to catch a cab home as well as times when I drive. I have always found parking easy and when I do catch a cab there has never been more than a few minutes so I have never seen many people waiting outside at the end of the night. The staff of 114 play a controlling role in ensuring all patrons leave their venue quietly, safely and efficiently.
    I believe that the hard work and respect shown by the owners of 114 should be supported and embraced for the wonderful service they provide to the residents of the City of Kingston.
    To approve this application would further enhance not only this venue but the facilities available in the City of Kingston.

26. In Ferntree Gully VIC on “Construction of three...” at 14 Clyde Street, Ferntree Gully VIC 3156:

Anthony Barnes commented

Residents will get to enjoy the aroma from the nearby Mc Arteries,how wonderful.

27. In Mentone VIC on “To Amend The Ground Floor...” at 114 Nepean Highway, Mentone, VIC:

John Clapton commented

I have been going to One Fourteen for over one year now.
    Before i live in whittlesea, over 1 and half a hour away.
    And now i have moved back into the area.
    I go to One Fourteen alot now and enjoy dinner there as well.

Its a place i feel safe in, and no violence ever at this venue.

Its a great place and this local community should be proud of
    having a place like One Fourteen.

I think the owners Lou and family have done a great job
    improving the venue for ratepayer of the council the City of Kingston.
    I am now a member of City of Kingston

28. In Eleebana NSW on “Dwelling House” at 616A Macquarie Drive, Eleebana NSW 2282:

Peter Authers commented

To Lake Macquarie Council , Assesing Officer, Mr Peter A Fredericks. RE -Proposed dwelling at 616a Macquarie Drive, Eleebana, 2282, Lot 52 DP 1182955. Dear Sir, Following our phone conversation on 21/2/2014,I am forwarding this submission of concern. By my calculation of measurements taken from plans of proposed dwelling,the height of building is in excess of 8 metres. ie 8.135 metres floor level to top of ridge plus a further 700mm to natural ground level,bringing the overall height to 8.835 metres.Please correct me if I am wrong,but as I understand it,this is 835mm higher than is permitted in a Residential 2(1) Zone.I urge you to consider this apparent breach in your assessment of this Development Application. Yours Faithfully Peter Authers.

29. In Marsfield NSW on “The Ranch - Liquor licence...” at 108 Herring Rd, Marsfield 2122:

Jeanette roslyn Yakalis commented

With the new laws in NSW concerning liquor licences I thought no more would be approved even transfers. There are too many places to buy liquor now, we do not need any more.

30. In Mentone VIC on “To Amend The Ground Floor...” at 114 Nepean Highway, Mentone, VIC:

elizabeth trapani commented

I have moved back to Melbourne after over twenty years living all over Australia and the world. My concerned family informed me that Melbourne night life was far too dangerous for a single woman to be safe. After six months of not going anywhere a friend took me to 114.

I have become a regular customer since that night. I not only feel safe but enjoy the music and the people who patronise this venue. Lou and his family have created a wonderful nights entertainment that is both enjoyable and relaxing. Unlike many other venues I have had the misfortune to visit 114 holds a very special charm. The restaurant produces wonderfully sublime meals that melt on the pallet and the clientele, the majority middle class working, local homeowners and rate payers come to relax and socialise in a genuinely refreshing environment.

There has never been an incident of an unsavory nature at anytime that I have been there. At the end of the evening security have arranged more than enough cabs to transport patrons and rarely is there a long wait.

Never have I seen litter or the like around the venue as it is always kept extremely presentable. In fact the question of litter is a mute point as there is a council bin outside the premises and by licencing regulations nothing of that nature can leave the premises.

I strongly appeal that this proposal be granted as it would be a blow to your rate payers who frequent the venue to loose it as there is nothing like it in the city of Kingston that I have found that is a safe and enjoyable as Club 114.