1. In Narre Warren North VIC on “Use and Development of a...” at 365-367 Belgrave-Hallam Road, Narre Warren North, VIC:

shane pendlebury commented

I object to the planning application. I am very concerned with the way Casey Council has handled this in a secretive manner, just like when they cut down the pine trees in Webb st Narre Warren, quite some years ago at 6.00am before anything could be down. like allowing the Demolishing of Brechin homestead one of the oldest houses in Narre Warren just in behind McDonalds Narre Warren. they don't listen, to the voters just the money under the tables in my opinion. and lets hold them accountable to any traffic accidents. lets send the Council members over to over country's and see how far they get trying to build things. why not allow empty Factories in Doveton - Dandenong to be used. I have lived in Narre Warren over 50 years, and I wish my \Dad was still here he would give the Council a run for their money on this issue, just like many years ago those still around know what I mean.

Paul commented

Re: Application Reference: PlnA00679/14

I am opposed to the proposed mosque for a number of reasons.

My family was attracted to Narre Warren North largely because of its spacious rural surroundings and family friendly, relaxed community. A mosque of this nature does not fit in with the community ideals.

I am already affected by the traffic congestion, illegal parking and sometimes large intimidating groups of worshipers caused by the mosque at 135-137 Belgrave Hallam Road. I am quite disillusioned by the actions (or lack of) from Casey Council. Despite the rejection of a request from the mosque to increase their numbers they still regularly exceed their limit and it appears there is little being done to enforce regulations or overcome the problem. It concerns me as to what may happen if there is another mosque located so closely.

Surely there are already enough mosque facilities in the City of Casey for our ratepayers. It doesn't make sense to be enticing people from further afield when there is absolutely no benefit for the local community. Usually when a municipality wants to entice visitors, there is a benefit to all, for example tourism dollars, additional jobs etc not just traffic congestion, a building which is not in keeping with the surrounding environment and the threat of intimidation.

Micheal Richardson commented

I strongly object to an additional Mosque being built in this area, already being one on the Hallam/Belgrave road and traffic at times is ridiculous, no need for more Mosques where residents have invested so much time in these homes to create such a beautiful environment only to be spoilt with that of an ugly Mosque and its surrounding buildings, enough is enough.
    I for one would consider moving away from the City of Casey if this were to go ahead.
    So please consider the residents whom have been in the area for decades and reject this approval for a Mosque

4. In Narre Warren North VIC on “Use and Development of a...” at 365-367 Belgrave-Hallam Road, Narre Warren North, VIC:

Craig Wilson commented

I object to the above mentioned mosque being built as it it will increase congestion and decrease the house/land values, I have concerns that some of the individuals from the muslim community will be aggressive towards residents that are non muslim.

5. In Narre Warren North VIC on “Use and Development of a...” at 365-367 Belgrave-Hallam Road, Narre Warren North, VIC:

Kaylene O'Brien commented

I object to the planning application, of a second mosque, due to the influx of noise and traffic that will come every single day. And not only every single day, but 5 times a day. I do not see in the planning application any where, that a social impact study has been carried out.

6. In Narre Warren North VIC on “Use and Development of a...” at 365-367 Belgrave-Hallam Road, Narre Warren North, VIC:

Geoff Seddon commented

I wish to lodge my disapproval against the new mosque that is proposed at 365-367 Belgrave - Hallam Rd. As there is already a Mosque at the other end I don't see the need to have two in such close proximity. Also there will only be more traffic chaos if another at the other end

Jodie Donaldson commented

I object to another Mosque being built on Hallam Belgrave Road due to traffic congestion, noise pollution and the devaluation of our homes. I am very concerned with the way Casey Council has handled this in a secretive manner. As a rate payer living in this area I feel I should have been notified by Council about the proposed plan of this monstrosity either by mail or email and not through social media. Does this mean that we don't get a say in what is developed in our area and Council can approve whatever they like without informing us? I hope future proposals are bought forward to the people of this Council so we actually get a say what is happening in our neighborhood.

8. In Kings Meadows TAS on “Visitor Accommodation -...” at 27 Eurella Street Kings Meadows TAS 7249:

Gaynor Dillon commented

As a neighbour who resides at 25 Eurella St. I was unware of the application being posted as I was holidaying on the mainland, I would like to say firstly I am pleased this has been bought to the councils notice as this property has been operating as a visitor accomadation for the past 81/2 years, during that time we have experienced some problems with noisy guests and arriving at all hours of the night, as this is a very quiet neighbourhood the intrusion is a bit hard to handle at times.

Jodie Donaldson commented

10. In Narre Warren North VIC on “Use and Development of a...” at 365-367 Belgrave-Hallam Road, Narre Warren North, VIC:

Steven Huber commented

Re: Application Reference: PlnA00679/14

I object to having another Mosque being built at 365-367 Belgrave Hallam Road. Why do we need another Mosque on the other end of the same Road?
    Already having to endure living within 400 metres of the Mosque at 135-137 Belgrave Hallam Road with its traffic and parking problems especially on Fridays, there will be no escape from the influx of worshippers from all over Melbourne creating total havoc at both Belgrave Hallam Road junctions.

I also object to being forced to be able see both Mosques from my abode, totally spoiling the view of beautiful foot hills of Lysterfield, as the view is already spoiled in the other direction with the original Mosque. Having already suffered the devaluation of the area at one end of Belgrave Hallam Road why is it necessary to now devalue the other end of Belgrave Hallam Road with another unsightly Mosque and generating noise pollution, traffic pollution and the likes in a currently, environmentally conservative area.

I hereby wish to OBJECT to the Permit application and proposal for a Mosque and Islamic School in Narre Warren North plus all future applications, proposals and expansions due to the concerns listed above.

11. In Kirrawee NSW on “Demolition of 3 dwellings...” at 12 Fauna Pl Kirrawee 2232:

Warren Price commented

Has anyone from the planning division of Sutherland Council actually visited Fauna Place to consider the nightmare congestion that this could produce?
    If the proposed development on the corner of President and Acacia is not enough, with the impending chaos at that intersection for traffic from the South.
    We will see impossible traffic problems like the area has never had, and it will be irreversible!

12. In Burnett Heads QLD on “Reconfiguring a Lot (One...” at 70-80 Shelley St, Burnett Heads, QLD, Australia:

Heath Greville commented

I feel that the development would have a detrimental effect to the local area, please correct me if I am wrong, but I was lead to believe that the councils long term plan for all the five acre plots in the proposed area where to be limited to one shed and one dwelling per plot.

Firstly I see no need for the council to back track on this stance, the Burnett Heads community would not gain from turning the foreshore into another monstrosity the likes of which has been allowed to occur (and ruin) along the Bargara foreshore.

Secondly, I feel that by allowing such developments in this area it would impact on the appeal and future sustainability of tourism, on what is one of the regions biggest draw cards, Mon Repos. By allowing housing estates so close to this local treasure would surley ruin what is currently an amazing walking route. The coucil should be commended for the turtle trail, but by allowing this development it would ruin the appeal of part of the trail to visitors.

Thirdly, any estate built in the area would have an effect to the locally created light pollution, regardless of best intentions and meeting of regulatory planning to cut light pollution, the existence of a housing estate over a single dwelling would surley have a detrimental effect on the local native wildlife.

13. In Monbulk VIC on “Multi dwelling and/or...” at 93-95 Main Road, Monbulk VIC 3793:

Amy Walsh commented

This appears to be another proposal for inappropriate development in the area.

In addition to concerns raised around a service station being built in a residential area, and the negative traffic implications, there is considerable environmental concern, given the site slopes down to Emerald Creek, ~1.3km down-gradient.

Please do not support development that threatens the health of the area (remember Amendment C146 was knocked on the head for the similar reasons).

It simply is not worth risking land and water contamination, which is virtually inevitable over time with this type of commercial operation.

Additionally, it is reasonable to expect that a service station will simply offer uncompetitive, over-priced fuel like others in the area, which is not in anybody's interest.

14. In Epping NSW on “Residential - New Multi...” at 30 Pembroke Street Epping NSW 2121 Australia:

JoAnne Page commented

Comment on 30 Pembroke Street DA Application.
    1. Parking - there is only provision for 62 resident parking spaces, but there are 66 units. The Council has approved a significant number of high density new buildings in this and Essex street. Pembroke and Essex streets are already fully parked out 24/7. Most residents now have multiple cars (up to 3) per unit. Evidence of this can easily be viewed by the parking in all of the current blocks in these streets. There is also a pattern in this area of a higher number of occupants per unit than bedrooms which increases the number of cars needed.
    I note the higher number of 1 bedroom units in the plan. Again, the pattern of occupants in the area for such flats is to house multiple students - most of whom own cars, as evidenced by the parking usage at MQ University.

2. Car access to block.
    With the new Epping traffic flow changes planned, Essex street will become a bottleneck for traffic accessing Epping Road. This will significantly affect the traffic flow on Pembroke Street which is high use for buses, and school traffic from Norfolk street. Bad traffic flow in Pembroke street already affects traffic trying to turn right off Epping Road into Pembroke Street. Pembroke street is a narrow street and there are multiple new multi-buildings underway. The positioning of the parking gates needs to provide sufficient off-street access while waiting for gates to open - a separate access lane would be ideal in such a high use area.
    3. I note the planning rules are for 5 storeys. The Acoustic report describes the building as 2 x 6 storeys.
    The acoustic report also notes a timber frame construction. I would urge the council to insist on timber frames. We have experienced a building with steel frames and they have significantly different acoustic effects with a marked increase in sound carrying between floors.

15. In Bronte NSW on “Alterations and additions...” at 30 Dickson Street Bronte NSW 2024:

Rita Sherwood commented

We live at 34 Dickson Street, Bronte but did not get any letter advising us of this development to submit any objection.

16. In East Toowoomba QLD on “Reconfigure 1 into 2 Lots” at 20 Sir Street East Toowoomba QLD 4350:

Doc Bell commented

I couldn't agree more, I am sick and tired of this style of development degrading our lifestyles, degrading our property values and making our suburbs UGLY! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
    As ratepayers we deserve protection from this style of unnecessary and greedy development.
    We are denied the right to object to these unwanted developments in low-medium density areas which is a sorry state of affairs...FIX IT TCC!

17. In QLD on “Road Works, Stormwater,...” at Greenbank Military Camp 1028 Johnson Road Greenbank QLD 4124:

Jane Citizen commented

The siren would be to indicate that firing was to begin (I've noticed gun fire mostly on Friday and Saturday nights) I believe the helicopter that flies with no lights is PolAir (Police helicopter) We have lots of hoons in the Carole Park industrial area & Ellen Grove residential area. I see/hear the helicopter often, particularly of a weekend. Or alternatively PolAir could be investigating reports of gun fire, which of course, would be the Barracks.

18. In Helensburgh NSW on “Clearing Of Land And...” at Lot 2 Wagonga Road, Helensburgh NSW 2508:

Nat Watson commented

The bushland there is a very important part of the wildlife corridor connecting the Royal National Park to Kelly Falls / and the Garrawarra extension.

19. In Burnett Heads QLD on “Reconfiguring a Lot (One...” at 70-80 Shelley St, Burnett Heads, QLD, Australia:

Fergus Hogg commented

We have lived here 27 years and are all for development, but there is an abundance of vacant land in the area so there is no justification on need.
    A large part of the areas charm is the larger 5 acre blocks on the front that at the time the then Port authority assured residents would remain that if given approval for the subdivision of the then 60 odd acres they sold off. I understand times change, but again there is no need for more lots to be made available, this is purely speculative development done for financial gain.
    Also that location is quite busy with schoolkids walking and riding to the park opposite, school, beach etc. There are no footpaths!
    Revisit it in 5-10 years when perhaps demand will justify it but certainly not now.

20. In Cherrybrook NSW on “Land Modification - Removal...” at 59-61 Macquarie Drive Cherrybrook NSW 2126 Australia:

Ysolda Eckhardt commented

Dear Sirs,

Why is the reason that you are cutting so many trees in one place?

21. In East Toowoomba QLD on “Reconfigure 1 into 2 Lots” at 20 Sir Street East Toowoomba QLD 4350:

Paddy Boxall commented

How soon before we get a council that will actually stand up for the residents of Toowoomba?
    This, no doubt is another development to create a postage sized block to completely infill what is a charming little street with another squashed in four bedroom McMansion. If we, the residents don't get up in arms soon there won't be a part of this area of town worth living in. It certainly won't be anything like the place we all picked to live because of its large blocks and charming houses. Wo is us.

22. In Narre Warren North VIC on “Use and Development of a...” at 365-367 Belgrave-Hallam Road, Narre Warren North, VIC:

Amanda Kent commented

I object to another mosque being built on Belgrave Hallam Road. There is not only one already in the area, that is currently congesting suburban streets, main roads and traffic lights but another one (even larger than this) would cause these already existing problems to double.

I also object to having to look at such an unsightly building on the beautiful foot hills of Lysterfield. I feel it will devalue the area with those that find it unsightly and generate noise pollution, traffic pollution and the likes in a currently, environmentally conservative area.

23. In Narre Warren North VIC on “Use and Development of a...” at 365-367 Belgrave-Hallam Road, Narre Warren North, VIC:

Todd Ross-Kellow commented

I strongly object as traffic and congestion around the area would be greatly effected. The road is ill equipped to handle such tragic as it is only single lane in each direction. There would be serious safety concerns to consider on such a road as this. The speed limit is 80kmh and to have large amounts of traffic entering/exiting could prove disasterous. This is not a place suitable for for the mosque. Seeing as though it is in a green wedge aswell, the concerns over wildlife particularly the many kangaroos in the area should be taken into consideration too.

24. In Ryde NSW on “To demolish and construct a...” at 744 Victoria Rd, Ryde, NSW Australia:

Jennie Minifie commented

Development on this site should not be permitted to exceed two to three storeys. This site is close to St Anne's church which is heritage listed under the Ryde LEP. I note that the Armenian church now has established a very close legal relationship with the Anglican church administration, as reflected in the current signage at St Anne's approved by Ryde Council.

The Ryde Community Alliance therefore anticipates a genuine and positive relationship between the Anglican and the Armenian churches that will secure the heritage significance of St Anne's church and cemetery for future generations of Australians and citizens 0f Ryde to enjoy.

Accordingly,the Alliance submits that development in excess of two storeys would be excessive and would seriously compromise clear views to the Parramatta River and restrict the movement of breezes from the River to the adjacent land, including land along the Victoria Road frontages.

25. In Monbulk VIC on “Multi dwelling and/or...” at 93-95 Main Road, Monbulk VIC 3793:

Els BAKKER commented

Wrong area, this is very much part of residential area, or next to smaller businesses.
    This would create in and out going traffic in a blind corner.

If Monbulk is to be developed commercially, it needs to be planned well in advance and land bought further away from the town centre. This is ad hoc planning, Monbulk is a village not part of suburbia and some would have us believe.
    Also consider the reason other service stations closed.

26. In Leichhardt NSW on “Demolition of rear portion...” at 80 Edith Street Leichhardt NSW 2040:

Deanna Payne commented

This house is up for sale today with these changes, puzzled!

27. In Narre Warren North VIC on “Use and Development of a...” at 365-367 Belgrave-Hallam Road, Narre Warren North, VIC:

Heather lavery commented

I object to the above mentioned plan for a mosque. I object to the traffic and noise especially very early in the morning. I see the traffic for the mosque down the other end of Belgrave Hallam rd and fear this will lead to even more congestion along Belgrave Hallam rd. Not only this but it is a residential area not commercisl. This shouldnt be allowed this road gets busy enough.

28. In Camperdown NSW on “To partially demolish the...” at 2-4 Hopetoun Street Camperdown NSW 2050:

zio ledeux wrote to local councillor Max Phillips

how will this affect the neighbours re overshadowing and privacy. also is there car access? where will the cars park? parking is already beyond what it can accomadate

Delivered to local councillor Max Phillips. They are yet to respond.

29. In Narre Warren North VIC on “Use and Development of a...” at 365-367 Belgrave-Hallam Road, Narre Warren North, VIC:

RUTH MEADOWS commented

Application Reference no. PINA00679/14

I do not want another Mosque in Narre Warren....what you are doing is setting up a muslim community...instead of a mixed community....this is racisicm at its best...you are going to turn the community against these people.. there is already a mosque in Narre Warren.....this is going to cause anger to the point of where the Council WILL BE responsible for the safety of these people. Why can't you use the area to enhance the Community as a whole including the muslim community ... not as a segrated muslim area...let ALL enjoy...this is the most ridiculous thing I have seen the Council even hear. Also The proposed land area is in a Green wedge Zone.

30. In Narre Warren North VIC on “Use and Development of a...” at 365-367 Belgrave-Hallam Road, Narre Warren North, VIC:

Jimmy commented

I strongly object to a new mosque at this site. Why not build factories or multi story apartment blocks? What a joke Casey council. You can guarantee house prices will go downhill if this goes through on such a main strip of Narre warren. This area is meant to be nice and subtle where the scenery is beautiful. No one wants to look at an eye sore like this. If this is what you want you may as well build a shopping center on one of the farms also.
    This isn't the only issue of a mosque being built- what about traffic? We have to put up with enough traffic as it is and with more family's and singles coming into the area will only make things worse. Not to mention there is one 10 minutes down the road. Say goodbye to the lovely Narre warren north as we know it! Absolute disgrace.