1. In Little River VIC on “Buildings and Works for...” at 85 Bates Road, Little River:

Alan Stewart commented

Strange a permit application like this one to amend the sue of the land was not made public and offered to existing neighbours etc for comments.
    Would also like to know what councils thoughts are about the implications on the use of Hughes Road as access to and from the freeway as council, Vic Roads, VCAT and permit holders still have not closed this access off even though residents etc won a VCAT hearing to ensure it was completed and remained shut ?

2. In Toogoom QLD on “Impact Assessment -...” at 482 O'regan Creek Road, Toogoom, QLD:

lorraine taylor commented

I was not aware that property had been stolen from your property. I have been led to believe that residents from your property had in actual fact been caught on ctv footage at neighbours property at night. If this is incorrect, then l apologise, but l do believe it to be true.I do know that residents from your property have been seen roaming at night. One has to wonder about the proper supervision.This is not helpful to the children involved or anyone else.

3. In Buderim QLD on “159 Wises Rd BUDERIM -...” at 139-159 Wises Rd, Buderim, QLD:

Wendy commented

Just heard about the 'furnace' going into the new Gregson and Weight Funeral development here on Wises Road. Absolutely disgusting to put it right next to a sporting facility where children play, and to put it right at the front where everyone that passes by will see it! Surely you can find a piece of land somewhere away from residential areas!

4. In Wollongong NSW on “Beast & Bread - On-premises...” at Shop 101 168-218 Crown St, Wollongong 2500:

Mitchell Nicholson commented

Over the past six months Beast and Bread has positively contributed to the expansion of Wollongong Central. Introducing a liquor licence would contribute to Wollongong Nightlife by providing locals and visitors with a unique and intimate social venue.

5. In Wollongong NSW on “Beast & Bread - On-premises...” at Shop 101 168-218 Crown St, Wollongong 2500:

Oliver Stephens commented

This would be a welcomed addition to a growing and vibrant Wollongong nightlife. The introduction of Beast and Bread to Crown Lane has added to its gentrification and appeal - a liquor licence would not detract from this, but further build on it.

6. In Surrey Hills VIC on “Preliminary Lodgement.” at 448 Whitehorse Road Surrey Hills VIC 3127:

Clare J Buckley commented

How can I find out what is being planned for this site ?

Is it to be 1, 2, 3 or more dwellings ?

7. In Buderim QLD on “159 Wises Rd BUDERIM -...” at 139-159 Wises Rd, Buderim, QLD:

Joe Ballantyne commented

Why were the residents in the area not consulted about this application. Would any of the council members accept a crematorium close to their place of residence? Why do we have local councillors? Part of their mandate is to look after the interests of the residents. The same residents who were sucked in to vote them in to office. I am 23 years at this residence and have witnessed Buderim Forest heading steadily towards a forest without trees. The council should hang their collective heads in shame.

8. In Newtown NSW on “Use of public footway on...” at 232 King Street Newtown NSW 2042:

Bruno Jimenez commented

And Joe Ortenzi, you should limit yourself to make comments about the application, instead of simply criticise other peoples comments. There are ways to comment on things, without criticising others. This platform is to be constructive comments for a happy community decision.

Back to the DA in review, I do not recall seeing the "Renewal of previously approved application" until now that has been mentioned. Although I did read it all, including the "Read More" section. However I do understand that if this is a "renewal of previously approved seating" now.

My comments on the DA are :

I go to Newtown every weekend. I have noticed that this company already has tables, chairs and barriers in this location, blocking pedestrian access.

They are requesting council for permission to have 2 tables and 4 chairs and 2 barriers, however they already doing this without authorisation. Which means that they will still be obstructing the pathway as there is also not enough space to house both tables there. As soon as someone sits on the road side of any of the tables, the pedestrian access on the pathway is reduced even further than requested. As this company does "serve their customers" when they are seating in such side of their outside table, they are aware of this blockage, and do nothing. I have experienced this myself, and during busy periods, I had to walk onto the road. This company cannot be trusted to manage their seating as to not impact the pedestrians passing by.

Based on this lack of respect to the community, I would not trust this company. And the additional use of the pathway by using chairs on the table side closest to the road, means that the pedestrians, specially on busy days such as weekends, would heavily block the pathway thus I strongly suggest council to reject the plan.

So, Joe Ortenzi, you should now retract your comments about having to retract my "this company cannot be trusted" as you obviously do not know what you are talking about

9. In Dural NSW on “Rezoning of 488-494 Old...” at 488-494 Old Northern Road Dural NSW 2158:

Stephen Thorne commented

This will spoil the country existence of Dural. Don't turn it into baulkham Hills and congest the area.

10. In Newtown NSW on “Use of public footway on...” at 232 King Street Newtown NSW 2042:

Joe Ortenzi commented

Well done Luke for looking up the details, and discovering the facts before speaking.

Bruno, as you can see if you read the complete paragraph, this is a "renewal of previously approved application", so perhaps you would consider withdrawing your assertion the restaurant can't be trusted. They merely want to use the same amount of the pavement as before.

Jennifer, although very good points, there's no mention of outdoor heaters.

If access to the pavement is an issue it is the same issue for all restaurants, not just one. So if one venue has pavement seating there is no reason to refuse seating in another venue if their seating area provides the same amount of remaining pavement as all the others. I have lived just off King st for over 8 years and never has there been an issue for wheelchair access and neither the City of Sydney nor Marrickville Council would allow outdoor seating to block safe wheelchair passage.

Yes, King st is busy, always was, always will be, but I'd happily see people outside enjoying the buzz. It will probably help keep the cyclists off the pavement too.

11. In Melbourne VIC on “Packaged Liquor Licence” at 388-396 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne 3000, VIC:

Shuo Wang commented

It has potential risk to enhance the crime rate as so many shops around there sell liquor. And with large amount of local residents live around , it is not good idea to open more liquor shops which will encourage people drink more and produce more noise around these apartments near by.

I am live around there, I can hear many noise from drunk people at night especially at weekend.

Most important , it is also close to RMIT which means a lot of students live near by, and it may be a not good idea to see more drunk people around school and international students.

12. In Winston Hills NSW on “Proposed Shop Top Housing...” at Winston Hills Shopping Centre, 180-192 Caroline Chisholm Drive, Winston Hills NSW 2153:

Kieran Wong commented

We also bought in Winston Hills 7 years ago and have our children attending the local catholic school. Our suburb is green and lush, well kept and with little to no crime. The pub is enough when you live on Caroline Chisholm Drive. We do not want these ugly concrete jungles in our suburb. We are not zoned for this and there is little to no public transport, there is a reason for this. The stores will suffer and then the residents so please developer take your units else where.

By the way you should not be selling off apartments before the proposal is approved and I note that the advertisement for the units went up on line well before approval process commenced. I always thought buying off the plans only took place once a development was approved. Your development is not approved and now you have to make changes and appeal. The residents of Winston Hills will continue to block this development. We all have years to keep this going.

13. In Toogoom QLD on “Impact Assessment -...” at 482 O'regan Creek Road, Toogoom, QLD:

Tammy Davies commented

Bob and Lorraine, I have known you both for many years.......my tenants were approved and recommend to me by TOOGOOM BEACH REAL ESTATE and spent years at my property without ANY issues being raised. As for the value of my property I was responding to other comments made on here that "MY PROPERTY" was devaluing Toogoom. I whole heartedly support my tenants. As for the Police well they were not interested in over $80,000 of property being stolen from my property WELL BEFORE my current tenants even resided in Toogoom!!! I am still interested to know WHO is responsible for this! But unfortunately no body knows anything, especially the Police!

14. In Epping NSW on “Shop top housing development” at 35 Oxford Street Epping:

Carol Jarvis commented

This is overdevelopment on a large scale. The tower is out of keeping with its environment. Where will visitors park ? Where is the green space?

15. In Kellyville NSW on “Subdivision creating 12...” at 39-57 Jupiter Road, Kellyville NSW 2155:

Lisa eaton commented

What an absolute shame it would be to demolish that beautiful property and put 12 houses there. This is a blue ribbon pocket of kellyville and this would reduce that appeal for the nearby residents.

16. In Toogoom QLD on “Impact Assessment -...” at 482 O'regan Creek Road, Toogoom, QLD:

lorraine Taylor commented

I am still outraged by Ms Davies comments re being "Un Australian" and " not in my backyard". If her concern is for the welfare of these residents of her property, and not merely a monetary concern for herself, perhaps she could make arrangements for them in "her backyard". I don't think this will happen.I wonder if she has taken the trouble to contact Howard Police to ascertain what has been happening in our area, concerning these "residents" she is so concerned about. Is it "unAustralian" for residents in our area to be concerned about their own welfare and property ?.You are obviously concerned about your property being rented out for monetary gain.We are concerned for our welfare and safety of our property.You mention the "high value" of your property. This is completely irrelevant to the issue.I might add, that l am NOT embarrassed to be Australian, a Toogoom resident, or, a Fraser Coast rate payer.I imagine that l pay about the same as you do for rates.

17. In Newtown NSW on “Use of public footway on...” at 232 King Street Newtown NSW 2042:

Luke Bacon commented

I just noticed that this is not an application for new seating, but a renewal of an existing approval.

If you look at this store on Google Street view, you can clearly see the existing seating and that there is heaps of space for pedestrians to pass. This should definitely be approved in my opinion.

Here’s the view of the store:

18. In Toogoom QLD on “Impact Assessment -...” at 482 O'regan Creek Road, Toogoom, QLD:

ROBERT (BOB) TAYLOR commented

I ROBERT TAYLOR of 2 RIES ROAD,TOOGOOM object to this application on several
    grounds.
    1. This property has been run illegally for some time now (a poor indication of the ethics of the operators and owners of this facility) If this is their mind-set what mey expect in the future?
    2. This property and its residents have the subjects of many calls to police and thus police investigations some of which are teenagers identified by CCT as residents of this facilitystealing cigarettes, alcohol,and money on multiple occasions. Police have not been able to gain any satisfaction through the legal system. Are we to be held to ransom by these and future thieves?
    3.The staffing situation is tolally inadequate for this type of facility.One fulltime staff member is ridiculous to maintain strict supervision 24 hours per day.They could not be expected to control the residents during the hours of darkness(the hours that the resident seem to be most active ).
    4.On several occasions in the last week I seen some of these residents (the last time Monday November 2 ) after dark roaming the streets.Why are young people allowed to roam at at will at night?
    In reply to the Owner ,of course the property would suit ,-----as far as you she is concerned from a purely monetary point of view ----anybody. As for her other comments I " think she protests too much". Also we and the other protesters have chosen to live in this country and in Toogoom in particular as occupier residents and rate and tax payers

19. In Toogoom QLD on “Impact Assessment -...” at 482 O'regan Creek Road, Toogoom, QLD:

lorraine Taylor commented

My name is Lorraine Taylor, and l live in the area near this residence, 482 O,Regans Creek Rd,Toogoom.Naturally the owner of this property has an interest in this property being rented out, so l would completely rule out her comments. Because we live with the threat of our homes being broken into by some of these "residents" of 482 O'Regans Creek Rd, l do not consider it to be "unAustralian" to object to their being there. I find her comment very insulting. I wonder how she would feel if she lived nearby(which she doesn't!).She misses the point entirely when she states that her property is valued "way in excess of most Toogoom properties". It is not about the value of properties, but about being able to live with peace of mind, not being under the threat of being burgled.To the owner, l say, "Come out here and live nearby" before you post your "UnAustralian" comments.

20. In Marrickville NSW on “To demolish existing...” at 247-249 Wardell Road Marrickville NSW 2204:

Diana Nguyen commented

Just, no. 33 boarding rooms with one car space? Is there a cohesive plan for the future of Dulwich Hill? It seems as though nonsensical developments are popping up left, right and centre without any consideration for future impacts on the community. I oppose this ill-thought out development.

21. In Newtown NSW on “Use of public footway on...” at 232 King Street Newtown NSW 2042:

Jennifer Killen commented

As others have pointed out this should not be approved if it will obstruct wheelchairs, prams or other users of the footpath.
    Nor should it be used as an excuse to add a polluting outdoor heater to the many already in operation in King Street.
    Outdoor gas heaters are an enormous waste of energy and contribute to global warning because of the fossil fuel consumed and the carbon dioxide produced. Poisonous nitrous oxides are also produced by gas heaters.

22. In Buderim QLD on “55 Gloucester Road BUDERIM...” at 53-55 Gloucester Rd, Buderim, QLD:

Patricia Ashton commented

I have not seen the plan and I am wondering if the plan is sympathetic with the local environment and architecture? Is it leaving sufficient space between neighbours? A duplex, currently under construction, directly across the road appears not to have accommodated what once was space for gardens and wildlife and appears very close to a zero boundary in comparison to the rest of the street.

23. In Toogoom QLD on “Impact Assessment -...” at 482 O'regan Creek Road, Toogoom, QLD:

Tammy Davies commented

I am the OWNER of this beautiful property at 482 O'Regan Creek Road, Toogoom and have been for the past 11 years.

I have lived in this property for many years and know only too well that it suits my tenants needs 100%. It gives my tenants an AMAZING opportunity to grow and develop as every Australian citizen deserves.

I feel the negative responses to the application for material use of change stems from a "not in my backyard" mentality which is very unaustralian. My property features a huge house with ALL bedrooms are attached to the house, nothing is detached. My land is NOT tidal. This is a material use of change NOT development of my land.

My property is extremely unique and is valued way in excess of the majority of properties in Toogoom so for it to be mentioned that my property devalues Toogoom is a complete joke.

If my tenants were to relocate away from my property......who will my next tenants be ???? Are they going to be ostracised from the community too because they do not "fit" other residents ideal of a community member?

Sometimes I am embarrassed to be an Australian, a Toogoom property owner and a Fraser Coast rate payer!

24. In Heatherbrae NSW on “Exhibition villages x 4...” at 2 Kingston Pde, Heatherbrae 2324 NSW:

Robyn Hayman commented

Upon reading the development application this appears to be setting up a manufactured home exhibition centre of two homes with a additional two more homes to come! If we wanted to live in a manufactured home village we would have bought one originally. We do not want manufactured homes in this area!

25. In Buderim QLD on “159 Wises Rd BUDERIM -...” at 139-159 Wises Rd, Buderim, QLD:

John O'Leary commented

The decision to approve a facility without consideration to the sporting and residential properties that are in close proximity is wrong. I would support a chapel and funeral parlour pending traffic impact study, however the furnace should be located in an industrial site where environmental impact allowances can be given for such activity.
    I am disappointed that once again our local councillor has been absent from the debate to look after the interests of the area.

26. In Newtown NSW on “Use of public footway on...” at 232 King Street Newtown NSW 2042:

Luke Bacon commented

As long as this doesn't limit access to the foot path for pedestrians, I'm all in favour of more cafe/restaurant street seating. I think it brings life to the street.

Clearly if this reduces access for pedestrians, including people who use wheel chairs or other walking aids, then unfortunately this shouldn’t be approved.

I assume the council and the applicants can test this out somehow.

27. In East Lindfield NSW on “Child care - change of use...” at 125 Tryon Road, East Lindfield, NSW:

Stuart Chandler commented

I strongly oppose the opening of a child care centre at this location. There are already plenty of child care locations in and around the Roseville and Lindfield areas and no need for an additional one. The traffic congestion is already very heavy on Tryon Rd and this will only add to already very congested traffic conditions and would be a danger to pedestrians and drivers alike with very limited access into and out of the property for what would be a large commercial business in the street.

28. In Woolooware NSW on “Demolition of existing...” at 148 Kingsway Woolooware 2230:

B.Carson. commented

There is no demand for boarding accommodation in this area....I strongly this boarding house will used to accommodate refugees or to ex jail criminals or recovering addicts.

29. In Newtown NSW on “Use of public footway on...” at 232 King Street Newtown NSW 2042:

Bruno Jimenez commented

This company cannot be trusted. They are requesting council for permission to have 2 tables and 4 chairs and 2 barriers, however they already doing this without authorisation. Which means that they are obstructing the pathway without caring what council has to say, and as they have not asked for council authorisation and they do not know the impact on the community, means they did not care how these tables impacted the community and the people trying to use the pathway.

There is also not enough space to house both tables there. As soon as someone sits on the road side of any of the tables, the pedestrian access on the pathway is reduced even further than requested. I have experienced this myself, and during busy periods, I had to walk onto the road.

Based on this lack of respect to the community and council, I would not trust this company. And the additional use of the pathway by using chairs on the table side closest to the road, means that the pedestrians, specially on busy days such as weekends, would heavily block the pathway thus I strongly suggest council to reject the plan.

30. In Buderim QLD on “159 Wises Rd BUDERIM -...” at 139-159 Wises Rd, Buderim, QLD:

Evie Reynolds commented

Hi my young family and I have very recently bought and moved into a property very close to this area and I have become aware that there is to be a crematorium furnace built here. My first and foremost concern is about the possible health risks and fumes that this furnace may cause especially being so close to many residential properties. Secondly, another concern I have is the value of our property as we have only recently purchased at a premium price that our valuation will drop.