1. In Rydalmere NSW on “Demolition, tree removal...” at 2 Burbang Crescent Rydalmere NSW 2116:

Laurice B commented

This proposed construction is fantastic and should definitely be APPROVED! It will create affordable housing for single mum's like myself, and for many other people such as newly wed couples, elderly people, singles, etc. The housing market continues to rise and it is making it impossible for people like myself to purchase my own house therefore I need to purchase something more affordable such as a unit. This proposal will also greatly assist with the lack of housing available for the current population, there is not enough supply for the current demand so unit developments are required to assist our growing population.

I believe this proposal should be approved as it will carry many benefits to the current market and assist a lot of people. There are many developments like this happening at the moment so I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be approved like the rest. It is not fair to only consider neighbouring properties as Grant has mentioned above, as there are a lot of less fortunate people like myself so developments like this will in fact assist a lot of people, I appreciate the work these developers are doing to assist our community and help put roof's over everyone's heads at an affordable price.

It will be merely impossible for myself amongst many others to be able to afford a house within this area, which I wish to live in due to school choices for my kids, so having more developments like this will give me a greater opportunity to be able to send my kids to the school of choice and be able to live in a great area for my kids to grow up in. Townhouses are also still out of my budget as they are dearer then Units hence I would be very grateful if the council will approve this application as it will greatly assist myself and many others, as I will be looking at purchasing a unit off the plans if I have the opportunity.

If you can take my situation into consideration, amongst others, it will be greatly appreciated. The community needs to give back to the less fortunate, otherwise the rich will get richer and poor will get poorer which is not fair as everyone is trying to make a living and if people like Grant try continue to shut this down for us then we will never be able to provide a bright future for our kids.

Thank you for your consideration.

2. In Rydalmere NSW on “Demolition, tree removal...” at 2 Burbang Crescent Rydalmere NSW 2116:

Laurice B commented

Thank you for your consideration.

3. In Kirrawee NSW on “Alterations & Additions to...” at 22 Wylie St Kirrawee 2232:

Ruth & Stephen Holt commented

I would like to contest the following 2 aspects of the building proposal at 22 Wylie street, Kirrawee, 2232.

1. The proposed garage construction associated with dwelling A will severely impact on the available sunlight at the front of our residence. It will permanently shade the front of our house and garden in its proposed position. The impact of the proposed garage construction may be reduced if it were located next to the adjoining carport at 24 Wylie street, next door. The roof height of the proposed garage is also of concern.

2. The construction of a new dwelling on this land and the creation of dual occupancy with two lot strata title subdivision will negatively impact on our neighbouring property, (24 Wylie street) . We will have decreased sunlight on our leafy back garden, decreased greenery, hampered views and increase noise from dual occupancy. Having reviewed the proposed plans the location of the second story will increase shade on our property. It will increase traffic on a quiet, child friendly cul-de-sac.

4. In Fitzroy North VIC on “Change of use, part...” at 370 St Georges Rd Fitzroy North VIC 3068:

Lou Baxter commented

I live in the immediate area and I strongly object to any reduction in parking requirements as the area is already so difficult to park in.
    Furthermore this site is in a block of shops and I consider that any change of use shall act deleteriously upon the local area.
    Consequently I object to the proposal as described.

5. In Pascoe Vale VIC on “Construction of 3 double...” at 55 Kent Road, Pascoe Vale VIC 3044:

Kirsti Clark commented

Kent Rd is a very busy rd without adding any more cars to it. More development means more cars on the roads. Pascoe Vale is becoming over developed. Does the council ever say no to developers? I don't think so. Isn't it time that you stopped and listened to residents. Kent rd has a shopping precinct and also a school- it does not need more cars passing through. More development means more traffic, less room on trains, we do not need any more development.

6. In Brunswick East VIC on “Construction of buildings...” at 21-27 Brunswick Road, Brunswick East VIC 3057:

Lou Baxter commented

The constant demands by developers to reduce car parking requirements so they can maximise their already excessive profits is destroying the inner suburbs, when acceded to by Councils.
    I object to the scale of the development and any reduction of car parking requirements.

7. In Collingwood VIC on “Part demolition, reduction...” at 424-426 Smith St Collingwood VIC 3066:

Lou Baxter commented

There are many parking problems in the inner city, not helped by Council reducing the already limited parking requirements on new developments.
    Living in the inner city should not mean you cannot park your own car, let alone be visited by friends.
    I object to ANY reduction in the parking requirements.

8. In Marrickville NSW on “To demolish the existing...” at 22 Garners Avenue Marrickville NSW 2204:

Petra Jones commented

I am concerned that the current dwelling has room for three cars. The new proposal only has plans for one car. Parking is extremely limited in Garners avenue and approval of this development will place additional burden on the residents who do not have driveways.
    I also need to ensure that the light from my windows (side of house) not adversely impacted by the erection of the double story (plus atic) dwellings and that privacy in my courtyard is maintained.

9. In Sydney NSW on “Use of Pyrmont Bridge for a...” at 5010 Pyrmont Bridge Sydney NSW 2000:

Dawn Veloskey commented

Any proposed event on or about Pyrmont Bridge should be disallowed UNTIL council and/or SHFA can control the dangerous walking conditions experienced daily and caused by cyclists not obeying 10km speed limit.
    Why should there be financial gain from staged events when commuting particularly at night is so dangerous.
    Any event will draw more people (and cyclists).
    Pyrmont Bridge is uncivilised.
    Music - I object to - not just as to choice but acoustics - residents already have no choice in being relentlessly bombarded by unwanted music from the clubs at Cockle Bay and Harbourside.
    I strenuously object to this Application.

10. In Sydney NSW on “Use of Pyrmont Bridge for a...” at 5010 Pyrmont Bridge Sydney NSW 2000:

Mrs. Margaret-Rose Stringer commented

Having had, a couple of months ago, the VERY unpleasant experience of having to walk across the Bridge to the accompaniment of extremely loud music from speakers on every lamp-stand, I should like to know if this 'entertainment' is planned to be furnished with music.
    If it is the intention of the DH Authority or the City Of Sydney or whomever is providing it to have music, then I protest VERY STRONGLY.
    Walking across the bridge is difficult enough when being constantly buzzed by cyclists who totally ignore the 10km speed limit: to have to do so on the far half with hideous music that someone has decided is nice would be impossible.
    Friends coming to Sydney from America were appalled, also, by the music issuing from speakers: it would be very silly to frame what reads like something pleasant (vertical gardens) in such setting.

11. In Chifley NSW on “Demolish existing dwelling...” at 25 Carnegie Circuit Chifley NSW 2036:

David Driscoll commented

My brother is a builder and noted that the garage has asbestos is the roof (as viewed from the street) - it seems no report was done on asbestos for some reason.

We have two young children next door and their is a child care centre directly across the road.

12. In Jannali NSW on “Alterations & Additions &...” at 2 Roberts St Jannali 2226:

WENDY SORBY commented

THIS PLAN MUST NOT GO AHEAD.

I WAS A DRIVER FOR THE SUTHERLAND SHIRE COMMUNITY TRANSPORT - MEDICAL APPOINTMENTS FOR APPROX. 8 YEARS.

ACCESSESSABILITY TO 80% OF MEDICAL CENTRES IN THE SHIRE IS NOTHING BUT APPALLING. COUNCIL SHOULD TAKE STEPS TO CONSIDER THE ILL PATIENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES, SUITABLE PARKING, SUITABLE OFF/ON LOADING. ALL THESE INEFFICIENIES BRING UNNECESSARY PRESSURE TO ALL CONCERNED.

THE SITE IN QUESTION IS ON A DANGEROUS CORNER. PREDESTRIANS WOULD HAVE DIFFICULTY VISITNG THE SITE. BUSES TAKE A LONG TIME TO TURN THE CORNER, BLOCKING VIEWS OF OTHER NEARBY VEHICLES.

ALL PATIENTS, PARTICULARLY THE AGED, WOULD FIND IT DIFFICULT TO WALK UP THE STEEP HILL FROM THE SHOPPING CENTRE.

IT IS OBVIOUS THIS PLAN IS DIRECTED TO OUR WONDERFUL SUTHERLAND SHIRE RESIDENTS WHO HAVE FALLEN INTO ILL HEALTH. DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE ABOVE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

13. In Pascoe Vale VIC on “Development of the land for...” at 14 Martin Street, Pascoe Vale VIC 3044:

Kirsti Clark commented

There are far too many units in this area as it is. You cannot drive down Warwick st Pascoe Vale because of the cars- I don't want my street-Martin st to become like that. Pascoe Vale has some lovely old weatherboard houses with character that are getting pulled down for townhouses that all look the same and bring more people into the area when the infrastructure can't cope . The footpaths are a disgrace, roads have potholes everywhere. Traffic is a nightmare on the minor roads now particularly Cumberland rd and Gaffney st .
    In Martin St we currently already have 3 sets of units, there is an ugly eyesore of units in Derby st that can be seen from Martin st, and there is an 8 townhouse development in Landells rd facing Martin st. Enough is enough- stop development. No More Units!!

14. In Geelong VIC on “Re-Advertising -...” at 109-113 Corio Street And 4 Bellerine Street, Geelong:

russsll bartlett commented

I was hoping to find out if this project is going ahead as I am the sales rep for Middys electrical in the Geelong area and tryng to get a name and contact details of the developer.
    We supply electrical products and it's my job to follow up on projects to see if we can offer our stocks and service to local building sites. Just trying to keep the money being spent in Geelong with an Australian owned family run electrical wholesaler rather than with our oposition which ars mostly foreign owned.

Regards Russell Bartlett
    Middys Geelong area rep
    Mob 0407-050703
    Email rbartlett@middys.com.au

15. In Jannali NSW on “Alterations & Additions &...” at 2 Roberts St Jannali 2226:

Margaret Downing commented

If this dwelling is to be altered to contain a medical General Practice I wish to object.

There are FOUR existing general practices within a 100 metre radius of 2 Robert St. Jannali - 1 White St., 5 White St., 10 White St. and Railway Cres. There are at least ten GP's servicing this Jannali area

The area has sufficient General Practitioners and there is no demand for more.

The property is at the end of Jannali shopping centre and vehicle parking would be difficult.

The intersection of Box Rd and Robert St is busy with vehicles and buses constantly turning and passing through. Children, elderly and frail patients would be at significant risk from the traffic.

Would you please take these objections into account when rejecting the request to change the existing dwelling into a residential medical practice

16. In Melbourne VIC on “Demolition of existing...” at 471-485 Collins Street Melbourne VIC 3000:

Alain Trembleau commented

Aren't the olderfleet buildings heritage protected?

It would be disgusting if these buildings were knocked down or reduced to a facade.

17. In Galston NSW on “Residential - single new...” at 24A Nancy Place Galston NSW 2159, NSW:

Ingrid Cattley commented

I support this Planning Application.

18. In Galston NSW on “ALDI Galston - Packaged...” at Shop 1 346 Galston Shopping Centre, Galston Road, Galston 2159:

Ingrid Cattley commented

I strongly support the granting of this liquor licence. At present the only competition for Liquorland in Galston is over the bar sales at the Galston Club (where prices are significantly higher than recommended retail prices) . This has given Liquorland a virtual monopoly in bottle sales in Galston and has allowed it to charge prices which are higher than it's competitors in the greater Sydney market.

19. In Petersham NSW on “BWS - Beer Wine Spirits...” at 276-282 Stanmore Rd, Petersham 2049:

Kye Sanderson commented

The fact a new business may compete against an existing business is a poor basis on which to object.

20. In Petersham NSW on “BWS - Beer Wine Spirits...” at 276-282 Stanmore Rd, Petersham 2049:

Glenda Pontes commented

This proposal should have done its homework and researched local area. There is already a business which provides identical services and the local residents do NOT appreciate big wig corporations moving in on their turf when they already have a trusty small business which caters for all their needs.
    This proposal should not be approved and council needs to pay serious attention to what local residents who are rate payers are saying about this.

21. In Petersham NSW on “BWS - Beer Wine Spirits...” at 276-282 Stanmore Rd, Petersham 2049:

Simon Rumble commented

Nobody who owns a pub license can qualify as a "small business". And last I was in there, the Newington's bottle shop was spectacularly poorly stocked. Bring on some competition.

22. In Gordon NSW on “Demolition of all buildings...” at 880 Pacific Highway, Gordon, NSW:

sunnyland commented

if apartments are approved there i will be sewing the Council,

23. In Abbotsford VIC on “Buildings and works...” at 88 Park St Abbotsford VIC 3067:

Jan Halkin commented

88 Park Street is covered by the Charles Street Heritage Overlay. Demolition makes a mockery of the supposed protection the Heritage overlay is meant to afford.

24. In Petersham NSW on “BWS - Beer Wine Spirits...” at 276-282 Stanmore Rd, Petersham 2049:

Brad Warren commented

Bloody big business trying to kill small business again. My local THE NEWINGTON INN hotel is right next door which already has a drive-in bottle shop. How bloody rediculous if this goes ahead.

25. In North Melbourne VIC on “Use of land as a...” at 119-121 Howard Street North Melbourne VIC 3051:

Stephen Farrugia commented

This location has been converted from an office to a cafe in recent years. It's in the middle of a well established residential area. I like to see businesses survive and thrive and this is no exception. Diversity and variety is always interesting.

However, this should not happen at the expense of the surrounding community.

I suggest the following conditions be applied to any approval for this application:
    - The removal of a noisy, unapproved exhaust fan from the rear of the property. The noise from this exhaust fan prevents windows from being opened.
    - The rear laneway is not to be used for staff to have a smoke break.
    - The rear laneway is not to be used as a car park for the owner and staff.
    - The rear door of the property is to remain shut except for emergencies.

The point of the conditions is that the rear laneway activities of this business are impacting my amenity, preventing my family from opening windows due to noise and smoke.

26. In Surry Hills NSW on “S96(2) application relating...” at 501-501A Elizabeth Street Surry Hills NSW 2010:

450 Elizabeth Street commented

As a nearby resident my concern with the extension of this trial is regarding the noise which I can hear quite clearly after 10pm from my apartment. This includes the regular Trivia competitions, seriously untalented "entertainers" - the troubadour who plays bad guitar stands out - "doof doof" music at mid-week one-off events which have necessitated me calling the Surry Hills police to file complaints and the screeching conversation of people sitting outside on Elizabeth Street (regularly more then the number for which the venue is licensed) in addition to drunk female backpackers (who appear to constitute the bulk of this venue's patrons) fighting in the street at closing time. Each time that I have called the venue to ask them to do something about the noise, the phone has rung out - it is obviously too noisy inside the venue for them to hear it. With the number of high end apartments being constructed along this section of Elizabeth Street and the increasing number of permit approvals from Council for late night entertainment venues along this same section of the street, something has to give. What is Council's strategy regarding the development of this part of Elizabeth Street? It can be high end apartments or late night venues but it makes no sense to continue to approve both.

27. In Coomera QLD on “Description: Class: IMPACT...” at 62 Finnegan Way Coomera 4209:

Alex commented

Assuming this MCU201400438 is the same as PN136317/123/DA1 as it shows on the sign at the site. I realise the pdf's hyperlinked do not show what it shown on the public sign?

I am aware development is enivitable but consideration of environment would be ideal

28. In Coomera QLD on “Description: Class: IMPACT...” at 62 Finnegan Way Coomera 4209:

Alex Cartlidge commented

I have concern with this development in the way in which the tree clearing and cut and fill will be handled. This is because I have witnessed how developers dealt with this down the road.The destruction of an entire ecosystem on the corner of Finnegan Way and Foxwell drive a few months ago left me wondering if council has any concern what so ever for the environment and only seems to care about money. More trees had been taken out then actually needed, just to be turned into mulch. I do not wish for the same thing to be done at this lot. It is not just a flat bit of land. It is a wetland.

It concerns me that the bulldozer approach will be taken with this development, as it did just down the road. With the looks from the plan and how developers "develop" the land around here, it seems to me that the wetland will not be treated with the respect it needs to survive past construction phase. I would like to know what measures have been taken into consideration in terms of Land Management and Conservation with this development, so as to not entirely destroy another wetland habitat in the area. I think that by what i can see on this very simple plan view it shows little to no consideration of the natural environment and watercourse of the land and should not be approved.

29. In Pennant Hills NSW on “Commercial - change of use...” at 108-110 Yarrara Road Pennant Hills NSW 2120, NSW:

Jolien Deller commented

I agree, the colour scheme and facade of the building should be sympathetic to its history and heritage.

30. In Parramatta NSW on “12” at 12 / 180D George Street Parramatta NSW 2150:

Kashinath Mallya commented

Application Number DA/118/2011/A
    Applicants Name :Courtneys Brasserie
    I am only raising my concerns regarding a pub on Charles Street which is too close to residential areas.
    At the moment we already have the Albion Hotel-The Collector Hotel-The Roxy -The Commercial Hotel and numerous other barsand pubs in the vicinity.Every Friday and Saturday Nights it is a nightmare when we have alcohol induced shouting -screaming and laughter on the street which might also lead to voilence.
    Our apartment block which has young families and children have to put up with this every week end.A few weeks ago I had raised concerns with the ouncil about a bottle shop in the same apartment block being allowed to operate until 2200 hours .The council and police looked into the matter and promised more patrols of the areas and the Police have kept their word.
    I am Sure the above premises will have adequate signage requesting patrons to consider the neighbourhood etc when leaving the premises, but what will happen once the patrons are out is beyond the control of the Pub.We definitely do not want to over burden our Police who have far more importan matters to patrol then keeeping an eye on intoxicated young groups of people.
    Keeping in mind Parramatta City council have given develpment approval to a few multi storey apartments in the vicinity where residents could enjoy them selves living in peace , we definitely do not want a Sydney CBD like situation on the week ends.
    In the end I feel it is for Parramatta City Council to reduce fear and anti social behavior within the community and the council does promote it self with its Family friendly policies.
    Kind regards