1. In Newport NSW on “Construction of a shop-top...” at 316 Barrenjoey Road Newport:

Rhonda Keen commented

I strongly oppose this development. It is not in keeping with the Master Plan. It has no aesthetics and presents itself in this location as the gateway to Newport. It is too high, too bulky and if Council is representing its constituents it must not permit such a monstrosity.

2. In Kurri Kurri NSW on “Liquorland - Liquor licence...” at 259 Lang St, Kurri Kurri 2327:

Stephen McGrath commented

When is Aldi, Kurri Kurri going to get their licence ?

3. In Dundas NSW on “Demolition of existing...” at 77 Kissing Point Road Dundas NSW 2117:

Alan & Janice Noy commented

Not appropriate for this area. Will impact on lane way to surrounding properties.
    Too close to public school!
    Dangerous road at the best of times. (Kissing Point Road).
    Disapprove of this application.

4. In Blaxlands Ridge NSW on “Cemetry” at 288 Packer Road Blaxlands Ridge:

Nicole commented

RE: Concerns for 10k plot Muslim Cemetary. (Not knowing of it's exact proposed location when I wrote the below extract) Same issues are still relevant & apply to Blaxland.

Approximately 3-5 weeks ago l read an alarming article in the 'Gazette' that the muslim community will submit a D.A this year, 2013, to establish a ten thousand plot cemetery in the Hawkesbury.

I moved to the Hawkesbury 3 years ago, from Parklea/Quakers Hill, to remove myself from the indoctrination. I wanted to be closer to my heritage, the safety of my own community. I now have serious safety concerns if this D.A is to be approved. To allow this will draw Significant islamic crowds to a European, Christian settlement.
    The community as it stands will be destroyed. Their culture is far from discrete or polite, their general presence is frightening.

Will you help fight this D. A? I want to have children but not in this community if Muslims are drawn out here to the dead. They will claim racism out here and will cry that we change local law so no Men Can go down the river when Islamic females are around, halal foods, noisy cars, barbaric males, drunk and disorderly after funerals, loud funerals and the likelihood they will damage heritage property because of the simple fact it's European.

furthermore they will want mosques and schools nearby otherwise they will claim racism. Then, where would our rights have gone? our rights to this community... a small community,our rights to quite Streets, our rights to be safe against Violent men and racist taunts from Islamic females and males.

You can't let this happen. I feel ill just writing about it

please help because to approve this D.A is only the top layer, a very short sighted & shallow decision.

Warm Regards
    Nicole

5. In Enmore NSW on “Shenanigans Brewing -...” at 66 Marian St, Enmore 2042:

Sam Haldane commented

This application is for a wholesaler license only. The business will be a contract brewing business, meaning that the beer will be brewed at an established brewery, and then sold on to pubs and bars. No beer will be produced on the premises and then sold.

The license needs to be attached to a premises, in this case my house, and means that the paperwork associated with the business must be done on the premises, nothing more.

Unfortunately the planning alert doesn't reflect the nature of the business.

6. In Blaxlands Ridge NSW on “Cemetry” at 288 Packer Road Blaxlands Ridge:

Garry Adams commented

I object to the application for a 10,000 plot Muslim only cemetery as submitted in DA0548/12

If the council panders to this out of area minority group about a totally unwarranted secular cemetery , then what comes next, a mosque, a religious school and perhaps a Muslim only housing enclave, all things that the Hawkesbury can do without.

This is basically a Christian area and has no ties whatsoever to the Muslim religion. No thought should be given to catering to such a divisive religious group, this plan offers absolutely nothing to the residents of the Hawkesbury area and should be avoided at all costs.

Yours sincerely,

Garry Adams

7. In Watson ACT on “COMMERCIAL...” at 150 Aspinall Street, Watson, ACT:

Hamilton Dwight Walker commented

These are a great addition to the Carotel and I recommend them. They are top quality and just use old powered sites to operate in. I am glad Carotel is so enterprising.

8. In Enmore NSW on “Shenanigans Brewing -...” at 66 Marian St, Enmore 2042:

Mike Falcon commented

How on Earth can this be permissible under Marrickville Council planning controls? This is zoned a low density residential area, not a light commercial/industrial area appropriate for brewing and wholesaling.
    As it is an inappropriate land use for this area this application should not be approved.

9. In Forest Lodge NSW on “Section 96(2) application...” at 70A Ross Street Forest Lodge NSW 2037:

Henare Degan commented

I support this development application. The speakers are always at a low volume so do not impact the neighbours but are good for people in the courtyard.

Thanks for considering my submission.

10. In Matraville NSW on “Fitout and use of retail...” at 495-503 Bunnerong Road Matraville NSW 2036:

Duncan commented

Err, i think there is one about 100m from that location, and another three bottle shops (at least) in matraville.

11. In Geelong West VIC on “Partial Demolition and...” at 89 Weller Street, Geelong West:

Helen Rickards commented

Found this site and interested to see how the comment got sent through to the planning department so testing this.

12. In Dulwich Hill NSW on “Sideways Deli Café -...” at U 1 37 Constitution Rd, Dulwich Hill 2203:

Richard Coutts commented

I am a local resident living near the proposed licenced premises and I thoughly SUPPORT this application. I feel that the proposal will contribute to the social and cultural amenity of the locale. As a regular patron of the business in its current form as a cafe I am sure the proprietors will ensure this is an exceptionally well managed establishment that is sensitive to the needs of the surrounding community.

13. In Matraville NSW on “Fitout and use of retail...” at 495-503 Bunnerong Road Matraville NSW 2036:

Gayle Dower commented

We definitely need a liquor store in Matraville, as we don't have one anymore. This will benefit the community.

14. In Matraville NSW on “Proposed expansion of...” at 7 O'Connell Avenue Matraville NSW 2036:

Joseph Antoon commented

This application should not be approved :

1- For safety reasons. O'Connell avenue is very narrow with heavy traffic the children may be run over. Randwick Council may be responsible for approving this application if some one is hurt or killed.
    2- Please check your records. All the residents signed a rejection petition for this child care centre when was first created few years ago for about 20 children. How you think they feel now for 83 children? does the council care about residence?. I wonder if there is any bribes involved to approve this application.
    3- The tranquility of the area will disappear with the kids play in the backyard including crying, screaming and talking.
    4- It will reduce parking area in this narrow and dangerous O'Connell avenue.
    Already some parents some times park in my drive way.
    5- There will be more fallen rubbish in the avenue as there is no one at the centre in the week end to collect the rubbish bins and collect the fallen rubbish from the bins in the avenue.
    6- All windows and doors has iron bars. In case of fire the children will be burnt.
    Randwick Council is responsible for the death of children because the iron bars have been approved by the council.

15. In Newtown NSW on “Proposed demolition of...” at 536A King Street Newtown NSW 2042:

J Kinkade commented

I oppose the DA in its current form however with some adjustments I beleive it would be a worthy addition to the King St landscape. The proposed development greatly overshadows the rear of the Newtown Garden Market and there is a risk that this will impinge on their ability to use the rear of their site to maintain and grow plants which could result in the business having to relocate. Newtown Garden Market provides a much needed visual respite on King St with plants decorating the double frontage instead of the never ending row of identical shopfronts and cafes. In addition, its the only garden store selling plants and garden supplies in the vicintiy of Newtown, Enmore, Petersham, St Peters, Tempe etc. There are many florists but no garden centres.

However, I do believe the removal of site access from King St is an improvement to pedestrian safety as I have often seen drivers unsure of how they should approach the property and threatening pedestrians trying to cross Angel St. Having the driveway off Angel St instead will resolve this.

16. In Bensville NSW on “Six (6) Lot Subdivision” at 535 Empire Bay Dr, Bensville, NSW:

Giancarlo Aymonod commented

I object strongly to any new road whether battle-axe style driveways or private roads, built behind mine and our neighbours back fence. This would mean that our house would unfairly be effected by having a road in front and behind house and in direct impact on our Private Open Space areas and backyards. Myself and all my neighbours along the adjoining land area in Kildare Street will be effected unfairly with privacy and noise/acoustic issues and possible extra street lighting.

Please note the Gosford Planning Building Code referring to developments need to be sensitive to neighbours and adjoining properties and not be detrimental to the environment, bush fire prone areas and flood prone areas. The application area at 535 Empire Bay Road has concerns for me and my neighbours on all these points, including, flood impact, bush fire, environment and privacy and noise issues.

Please note the Gosford Planning Building Code copied below which address privacy directly:

Clause 8 : Site Occupancy for Dwellings and Ancillary Structures 8.1 Objectives

The objectives of this section are as follows:
    a To provide adequate private open space on each developed site.
    b To provide adequate separation between dwellings on separate lots to ensure privacy is retained, fire safety issues are satisfied and adequate light and ventilation is available.

RE: DRIVEWAY PROPOSED RUNNING BEHIND ALL OUR ADJOINING PROPERTIES AND ON FLOOD PRONE LAND OBJECTION

Please note that there is an alternative and existing driveway/road from Empire Bay drive which if used for this development/subdivision would solve the privacy issues I and my neighbours have and also solve the problem of traffic into Kildare St. and cutting down of protected tress and distroying habitat.

Please note that the proposed road/driveway is on and near the highest level of the flood prone area behind our property and according to NSW building codes no building or roads should be built directly on or close to these areas due to danger of road flooding and no access to get out, and the
    impact of storm water flows, nutrients into sensitive wetland, loss of existing ground absorption factors which can effect the adjoining properties causing flooding and erosion to to the land of adjoining properties including houses and backyards.

Please note the Gosford Council's own Building Code on driveways and building

9.3.2 Siting

The buildings, driveways and other ancillary works are to be sited to AVOID ENVIRONMENTALLY SENSITIVE AREAS such as visually exposed ridgelines and locations where extensive cut, fill, or removal of native vegetation would be necessary.

a THE REMOVAL OF PROTECTED TREES IS TO BE MINIMIZED and the requirements of Council’s Tree Preservation Order must be followed where removal of any of the specified vegetation included in the Order is sought.

b Earthworks are to be minimised by appropriate siting of the development. It is essential that measures are carried out to prevent scouring and siltation of land and drainage routes. The Council’s specific requirements are set out in the Erosion and Sedimentation Control Code of Practice.

c All applications will be assessed in respect to the level of bushfire hazard to the site and the requirements set out in AS 3959-1999 Construction of Buildings in Bushfire Prone Areas.

d No stormwater absorption trenches are to be placed within 30 metres of a lagoon, watercourse or body of water or where the soil horizon is less than 0.6 metres in depth. Direct piping of water is not permitted without Council approval.

e Under Interim Development Order No. 122, dwelling houses or any other structure in the 7(a) Conservation zone, are not to be erected within 50 metres of any ridgeline or prominent visible brow.

17. In Orange NSW on “Lue Hotel 09/02/2013 -...” at Hill Street, Orange 2800:

Hamilton Dwight Walker commented

What is the exact address of Lue Hotel? Hill Street is not specific enough.

18. In Surry Hills NSW on “New licensed restaurant for...” at 71-111 Cooper Street Surry Hills NSW 2010:

commented
    Hidden by site administrators
  19. In Surry Hills NSW on “New licensed restaurant for...” at 71-111 Cooper Street Surry Hills NSW 2010:

Rupert Burton commented

I would like to object to this plan.

There is already a strip of three restaurants, two cafe's and a hotel within 50m on Waterloo Street (which it looks as though this restaurant will face onto). One of the restaurants and the cafe already have similar trading hours, and all three restaurants are open every night.

The other venues have a much smaller capacity, but still produce a fair amount of noise, pedestrian and traffic activity.

This is a residential street and the increased traffic from a venue that will seat over 180 will just be unacceptable. Parking is already an issue to residents and this will put further strain on an area that is already popular for non-resident parking becasue of the proximity to Crown Street.

There are a huge variety of bars, cafes and restaurants in the area already. Waterloo Street and Holt Street are already destinations. I don't think that we need another huge restaurant - it just doesn't fit with the vibe of the area.

20. In Chatswood NSW on “Demolition of existing...” at 18 Freeman Road, Chatswood NSW 2067.:

U Raj commented

I strongly object building the boarding house in Freeman Road. I agree with the points raised by others before me. My main concern at the moment is the possible negative impact that it may cause to my investment property.

21. In St Peters NSW on “Under Section 96 of the...” at 5/11-21 May Street St Peters NSW 2044:

Ringo Ng commented

It's appropriate for this location and I support this application.

It will provide more choice for the neighborhood and help create a better village atmosphere for the area. It will definitely help lift a very dreary street frontage along May St. The hours of operation presents no problems so far so I see no reason not to approve the application.

Thanks for considering my submission.

22. In Newtown NSW on “Proposed demolition of...” at 536A King Street Newtown NSW 2042:

Alex van Vucht commented

I support the number of car spaces outlined in the application. The area is very well served by public transport, active transport and car share and I do not expect owners of many of the 8 1-bedroom apartments will have cars. 30.5% of postcode 2042 dwellings do not have any vehicles as opposed to 10.4% for the rest of NSW.

This is a good design whose size and scale is suitable for the area and I am keen for the eyesore of the petrol station to be removed. The proposed brick colour is kind of ugly but I can appreciate that some would like it.

23. In Rockdale NSW on “Alterations to existing...” at 2 Frederick Street, Rockdale NSW 2216:

Concealed Identity commented

Being a resident of a nearby house, I am not very happy about this new development.
    I don’t think the area is in need of any public place of worship. There are several places of worship already available in the suburb or in the adjacent suburbs.
    I believe the development will create further unnecessary traffic to the area. There is already limited parking space around the station.
    I think the opening hours are completely unreasonable. Why does the place needs to be open so early in the morning to so very late at night? This will create noise when residents of the nearby houses are asleep!
    I also feel that it might lead to more people hanging around the Rockdale station. I already feel unsafe walking home from the station when I finish work late. I believe it will worsen the problem.

24. In Rockdale NSW on “Alterations to existing...” at 2 Frederick Street, Rockdale NSW 2216:

Concealed Identity commented

SUBMISSION FOR Application Number: DA-2013/167
    Property Address: 2 Frederick Street, Rockdale, NSW 2216

I object to this proposed development on the following grounds:
    * Increased noise and vehicle traffic. This section of Rockdale already "severely" lacks parking facilities for local residents.
    * Nearby residential apartments already under construction in Rockdale which will already add to worsening traffic conditions, parking, noise and littering.
    * Places of worship are abundant in the area (for various denominations) including adjacent suburbs, there is no requirement to construct additional places of worship. This particular space would be better utilised to cater for all residents regardless of religion/denomination
    * Operating hours between 5.30 am until 9.30 pm, 7 days a week is completely unwarranted & unreasonable and will impede on the quality of life of nearby residents. It's difficult to fathom why these proposed operating hours are so long. Which nearby resident wants to be disturbed at the early hour of 5.30am up until 9.30pm? whether its vehicles parking, doors slamming, horns tooting, people conversing etc not to mention the added problem of parking throughout the entire operating hours.
    * Motorists may also breach the use of the proposed driveway/carpark area as a shortcut to bypass traffic lights resulting in traffic accidents.
    * Increased traffic and loitering, specifically during religious gatherings etc.

I have chosen to conceal my identity and address. I pass this particular section of Rockdale on a daily basis as part of my work commute and live nearby.

Kind Regards

25. In Newtown NSW on “Proposed demolition of...” at 536A King Street Newtown NSW 2042:

L. Jackson commented

13 residential apartments and 3 ground floor commercial tenancies, but only 10 car spaces? Street parking in the area is already hard to find! Please ensure developers provide at least one car space per apartment.

26. In Redfern NSW on “Temporary street art...” at 12-36 Caroline Street Redfern NSW 2016:

Henare Degan commented

Sounds like a great project - I support this application.

27. In Erskineville NSW on “Section 96(2) modification...” at 61-63 Erskineville Road Erskineville NSW 2043:

Henare Degan commented

Great stuff, I support this application.

More outdoor seating and increased capacity will be great for this small bar. The hours of operation have presented no problems so far so I see no reason not to continue with them.

Thanks for considering my submission.

28. In Chatswood NSW on “Demolition of existing...” at 18 Freeman Road, Chatswood NSW 2067.:

Seyed Ali Khoshbin commented

My wife and I don't believe the new proposed Boarding house at 18-20 Freeman Rd should be approved for construction, here are a summary of our reasons:

1) Noise
    We have all been students and youngsters and know how inconsiderate we were at that age. Having those many students away from their families will definitely affect the peaceful and quiet environment we all have now, that has been the main reason I am sure, for many residents of this area.

2) Safety of the Area
    We already have a lot of graffiti and break-ins and majority of them happens in School Holidays where the kids are bored and have nothing better to do. Having these many students around, fond of drinking and find it fun and cool to do these stuff will for sure bring lots of trouble to this neighborhood.

3) Too Many Boarding Houses in Chatswood
    Apparently there will be another 12 storey Boarding house, just in Albert St. Having only 2 schools and no Unis in Chatswood, what is the necessity in building these many Boarding Houses in this area which will change the atmosphere of the whole suburb. If there's a need for more of these accommodations, why not make it in Macquarie or another area with already student environment.

4) Parking Space
    Living in Chatswood and Freeman Rd/Eddy Rd for over 4 years now, off street parking is such a big issue here already. Adding such a big Boarding house, will only make this worse.

5) Value of properties in the area
    We don't find it fair to any of the residents, who made their choices at the time to move to this quite street(s), to impose such big change which will affect the value of our properties and leaving us with not many options. Property values are already tough in Australia, so please don't make it harder on us for paying off the mortgage and ending with a lower priced property.
    In fact if this plan is going ahead with Council, we should all consider relocating from this lovely area.

Overall, we find it a very bad decision to build such Boarding House in our vicinity and a dead end and quiet Street like this. We really hope Willoughby Council reconsiders this decision.

Ali

29. In Melbourne VIC on “Transfer of Licence” at 213 Franklin Street, Melbourne 3000, VIC:

Roger Hersey commented

Dear Reader

We are residents of the Wills St apartments. This area is exclusively residential and is appropriately quiet. The one exception is Nomads Backpackers in Abeckett St where kids are over-served with alcohol and then spill out into the street. There are two nearby grocery stores that sell alcohol.
    We are certain that additional liquor licences will only degrade the environment of this area increasing the existing presence of noisy and unpredictable drunks on the street.
    We therefore oppose this licence at 213 Franklin St.

Sincerely

Roger Hersey

30. In St Leonards NSW on “Addition of 33 units to top...” at 545 Pacific Hwy St Leonards, NSW:

Tony Gribben commented

I agree with Ian. I hope that North Sydney Council will start the 14 day review period after the holiday season - i.e. after Australia Day - to give all interested parties a fair chance to review this proposal.