Applications nearby

Other applications in the last 2 months within 2 km of 30-32 Glebe Street Randwick NSW 2031

  1. 213 Birrell Street Bronte NSW 2024
    about 1 month ago, 1.9 km away

    Remove one (1) Hills Weeping Fig from left corner of property. This tree is unsustainable in its location and has insufficient space to develop to its massive mature size. It is only young at around 30 years old, however there is already evidence of large buttress roots forming - these roots are pressing up against the foundation of the house causing worsening damage to the property as the tree grows and the woody roots expand. With 80% of the canopy over the road and the other 20% over the roof, to prune this tree would require a large amount to be removed, leaving it as a poor specimen. Any pruning of the canopy would not address the damage being caused by the roots. While it may be possible to install a root barrier along the foundation in order to contain the roots on the property, given the proximity of the tree to the house this would inevitably sever structural roots and predispose the tree to failure. Council cannot authorise tree retainment while creating potential hazards. The only practical and cost-effective way of abating the current damage and preventing further damage is to order the removal of the tree.

This week

Find PlanningAlerts useful?

This independent project is run by a local charity, the OpenAustralia Foundation. PlanningAlerts is powered by small, tax-deductible donations from the people who use it to stay informed about changes to their local area. If you find it useful, chip in to support PlanningAlerts.

Back PlanningAlerts